Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Random weather thread

Clay Showalter

Southern member northern landowner
Guilford County
A87C4D17-DEC2-43D6-8C53-BCC90FC7B62D.jpeg

One nice thing about the south is when you get warm spells and you can take your bike out for a ride. 😃😃

finelyshedded

You know what!!!
Supporting Member
SW Ohio
Several road closures between my home and work helped add another hour to my drive home tonight. Even more rain expected tomorrow so I’m real excited! The ground couldn’t possibly be more saturated than it is😳

hickslawns

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
Close to 100 degree temperature swing (counting wind chill factor) in a 7 day window. High of 61 today. 21 in the morning. Swinging some big temp differences.

Wildlife

Denny
Supporting Member
Ross County, Ohio
Never have I seen this kind of weather in early February or temperature swings like this in the heart of winter in my entire life.

Sure we'd get an occasional warm up here and there, but not like this.

It's insane what's happen these days and I'm a firm believer that microwave technology plays a huge role in what is happening with our climate.

Pre-cell phone, cell tower years, we didn't have this kind of extreme weather that we're experiencing today, hell no!

When I was a kid, you could definitely count on 'Old Man Winter' to settle in for months, not just weeks or days.

The big thaw wouldn't happen until late March and early April where I grew up.

Not anymore...

'GEOENGINEERING'

https://www.geoengineeringwatch.org/

Reactions: Sgt Fury

Sgt Fury

Sgt. Spellchecker
Never have I seen this kind of weather in early February or temperature swings like this in the heart of winter in my entire life.

Sure we'd get an occasional warm up here and there, but not like this.

It's insane what's happen these days and I'm a firm believer that microwave technology plays a huge role in what is happening with our climate.

Pre-cell phone, cell tower years, we didn't have this kind of extreme weather that we're experiencing today, hell no!

When I was a kid, you could definitely count on 'Old Man Winter' to settle in for months, not just weeks or days.

The big thaw wouldn't happen until late March and early April where I grew up.

Not anymore...

'GEOENGINEERING'

https://www.geoengineeringwatch.org/
I was talking to a coworker about the winter weather just the other day....when I was a kid, it got cold enough and long enough for our lakes to freeze so that we could play ice hockey....every year!! Our local lakes haven’t froze up enough to be able to skate on in over ten years....and only a handful of times over the past 25 years.