Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Random weather thread

Gern186

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
NW Ohio Tundra
I get to work from home tomorrow and they are predicting cancelations Thursday and Friday. I stocked up to get thru the next couple days. 60 gallons of gas, 5 gallons of diesel, 2 20 lb tanks of propane filled, and a 12 pack of Sam Adams Alpine!

20220201_165829.jpg

hickslawns

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
Understandable Phil, but it's your Super Bowl, time to shine! I'll never apologize for doing snow dances and love snow....dump it!

Suppose I just have some pre-game jitters. We don't get 8-12" snows often. Especially with the blowing and drifting. I have no doubt we will handle it. Just not sure when I will get any sleep. I'm not old yet, but those 24-30-36hr runs aren't as easy as they used to be. Heck. They were never "easy", but definitely more doable than they are now. lol

steveOh

Dayton Area
Suppose I just have some pre-game jitters. We don't get 8-12" snows often. Especially with the blowing and drifting. I have no doubt we will handle it. Just not sure when I will get any sleep. I'm not old yet, but those 24-30-36hr runs aren't as easy as they used to be. Heck. They were never "easy", but definitely more doable than they are now. lol
I know where your coming from, believe me! Be safe....

Raining all morning here so far. 37 degrees on the way in to work. Allen's school got canceled last evening around 6pm and so far no snow in sight. They could have at least gotten them a half a day. Hell I was just saying last night I can remember sitting in the kitchen mornings waiting to hear our school on the radio and most of the time if it got closed it was like 20 minutes before the bus came (one of the first houses on the bus route) so you got up and ready no matter what.

hickslawns

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
I'm predicting the first hour to three hours of "snow" melting at the change over. Ground temps need to drop as it starts to snow. This could reduce our totals by an inch or so. Especially if we salt heavy at switch over. My buddy called and was watching storm track. Said it looked like breaking up on tail end. BUT. . . .that is 30hrs out for us. Lots can change as it moves.

Reactions: Geezer II

finelyshedded

You know what!!!
Supporting Member
SW Ohio
Started raining here nonstop since just after 7am. I ran out and filled boiler up before this relentless rain. Ugh
Really dreading the ice though, have 30-35 gallons of gas, fully stocked pantry, 2 fridges and freezer with toasty house and genny at the ready if I need it. Just hate the hassle using it but glad I have the backup.
Good luck and stay safe TOOville👍🏻

Bowkills

Nw oh
Just watched the news they still are saying 15inches total with 30mph winds at the end. We only currently have ice in the trees. ....phil? If there is a travel ban are you shut down? Where only state county and townships can plow?

Reactions: 5Cent

hickslawns

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
Just watched the news they still are saying 15inches total with 30mph winds at the end. We only currently have ice in the trees. ....phil? If there is a travel ban are you shut down? Where only state county and townships can plow?
I don't know. We don't follow no stinking travel bans. 🤪🤣🤣

• Haha
Reactions: 5Cent