Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Pond Stocking

Buckmaster

Portage
Just be reminded...if you have a pond with fish... the new baby fish you introduce will simply be food for the bigger fish. You can cut that curve a little sinking Xmas trees and pallet stacks.

Reactions: Sgt Fury

bowhunter1023

Owner/Operator
Staff member
Appalachia
We won't be swimming in ours and I'm trying to replicate "Grandma's pond". I grew up on a woods pond slaying bluegill and the occasional good bass. We have a couple decent cats already, so I just need the missing links.

Reactions: OhioWhiteTails

Spencie

Constitution Ohio
Just be reminded...if you have a pond with fish... the new baby fish you introduce will simply be food for the bigger fish. You can cut that curve a little sinking Xmas trees and pallet stacks.
When the property was logged before we bought It they dropped trees into the pond. We pulled out most of them but there are still a few in it. Hoping that provides some cover. There are lots of cattails at the shallow end too.

Joel

Centerburg, Ohio
Another vote for Fender’s. Steve is a good dude and will point you in the right direction. Our club is over an hour from him and he delivers fish to us. Prices are on their website too.

Reactions: 5Cent

bowhunter1023

Owner/Operator
Staff member
Appalachia
Very nice. I talked to my dad today. He's going to match me $ for $ on our pond. Going to call them tomorrow for a preliminary convo. I'm going to skim a little off the puppy mill proceeds to pay for it. What helps this along is little Kenna Grace when I promised to take her camping in the woods behind the house and she says: "I don't want to camp in the woods, I want to camp where we can catch fish." She's 3 and has it figured out already!

bowhunter1023

Owner/Operator
Staff member
Appalachia
We've discussed draining it to start from scratch and build some structure. Haven't ruled it out. But 15 years of fishing and no one, regardless of method, has ever caught a bass. Biggest bluegill caught might be 6". It's the most pathetic farm pond I've ever fished in, which has always been a disappointment.

Reactions: OhioWhiteTails