Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Operation Urban Warfare

Kaiser878

ohio
Sorry Huck...I don't want to derail your thread TOO bad, but does anyone use auto exhaust to dispatch critters? I did this with some invasive birds, but wondered how it worked on larger critters. I'm not sure how much longer I'll be able to get away with shooting the .22 in my development.

22 short with a baby bottle nipple slid over the end of the barrel will solve that issue. Not a peep out of the gun!!!!!!!

Jackalope

Dignitary Member
Staff member
The easiest way is to put the cage in a large container.. Get a co2 bottle use for paintball and put a valve on it.. Cut a hole in the container with a flap of tape to introduce gas. Run the gas for a minute and put the tape back over the hole. Nighty Night. Lots of ADC guys use this method.

Schu72

Streetsboro
Could just tell your neighbors to kiss your ass TOO!!! :smiley_clap:

:smiley_clap: No kidding. I think I'll be Ok for a little longer. I get along real well with all the current neighbors. Even killed a coon for one of them this past Christmas.

Jackalope

Dignitary Member
Staff member
Just curios. All this talk of urban trapping and shooting out of season. Am I missing something?

(G) It shall be lawful for a landowner, his agent or tenant to trap or take raccoons, opossums, coyote, fox and skunk which are causing damage, are a nuisance, or are sick in accordance with paragraphs (A) and (B) of this rule. Any raccoon, opossums, coyote, fox or skunk which is trapped or taken shall be euthanized within twenty-four hours. Provided further, it shall be unlawful to take raccoon, opossums, coyote, fox or skunk with the use of dogs during closed season.

Dannmann801

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Springboro
TAILPIPING is the way to go for skunks.
Leave the trap in place, and get a plastic tarp and spread it out, and approach the trap slow holding it up as a shield, then lay it down covering the trap.
Throw some weights around the edges to hold it down.
Run a flexible pipe from your tailpipe under the tarp, and gas the little sucker for about 10 mins.

There are pics on a thread I did here, but I'll be danged if I can find 'em.

Jackalope

Dignitary Member
Staff member
TAILPIPING is the way to go for skunks.
Leave the trap in place, and get a plastic tarp and spread it out, and approach the trap slow holding it up as a shield, then lay it down covering the trap.
Throw some weights around the edges to hold it down.
Run a flexible pipe from your tailpipe under the tarp, and gas the little sucker for about 10 mins.

There are pics on a thread I did here, but I'll be danged if I can find 'em.

Anymore though the emissions on newer vehicles will only give you a headache. The best way is a paintball cylinder with a valve.

Schu72

Streetsboro
Anymore though the emissions on newer vehicles will only give you a headache. The best way is a paintball cylinder with a valve.

The emissions kill birds in about 10 seconds. Have not set the coon traps yet, I'll give you an update if they start tearing up my lawn.

joshobrien77

Sweet. I thought nuisance animals required odnr permits or a pest control lic to take. I have raccoons out of control here. No fear of humans waiting for a kid to get hurt. Looks like I can resolve that now.

As for firearms even CBs on your own property there are Ohio revised code statements that would make it illegal in close proximity to neighbors. I purchased a nitrogen ram airgun to deal with that issue. Thinking about a PCP in .25 though .177 just does not hit hard enough.

Jackalope

Dignitary Member
Staff member
Technically you have to trap them before you can euthanize them. With raccoons you cannot relocate them off of the property. They must either be let go on the same property or killed within 24 hours.

Dannmann801

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Springboro
Before and after -

joshobrien77

Jackalope. Based on your quote from the or it states trapped or taken. Taken universally throughout the orc does not refer to trapping. But does include all types of fishing and raptor hunting. So why double you state that technically it must be trapped first?