Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Ohio Turkey Hunting Report

Bigslam51

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Stark County
Didn't even make it to my blind this morning and had to pinch one off in the woods, never dropped one in the dark before. Anywho, turkeys just started gobbling.

TimBuckToo

6 Jakes a gaggle of hens and 1 Tom walked in on my brother this morning, who happened to pick the hot side of the farm were hunting this morning. Tom went down!

Jackalope

Dignitary Member
Staff member
Story to come later. Alex and I busted this Tom this morning. In true fashion it's a heck of a story. lol.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1461243055.300192.jpg

Bigslam51

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Stark County
Son of a bitch. Just had one gobbling down in the field so I slipped down there when it sounded like he was going away. Started calling and I see a hen feeding towards me with a strutter in tow. I thought I was golden until the bitch got in a fencerow and started dusting herself and he left.

"J"

Git Off My Lawn
Supporting Member
North Carolina
Gobbling all around us for the first two hours and nothing since.... One crossed a road heading our way but haven't heard him for a while now.... Stay tuned lol

This getting up at 4:30 everyday and lack of sleep must really be getting to me...75 yards looked a lot more like 55 yards....Oh well he was fine so no harm done other than a little education for the birds.

Nice looking bird Jackolope...congrats on the success its great to seeing others being successful as it gives me hope

Jackalope

Dignitary Member
Staff member
This getting up at 4:30 everyday and lack of sleep must really be getting to me...75 yards looked a lot more like 55 yards....Oh well he was fine so no harm done other than a little education for the birds.

Nice looking bird Jackolope...congrats on the success its great to seeing others being successful as it gives me hope

I know what you mean buddy. We've been up every day since Saturday at 4:30 and all last week at 5:00. I've seen the past 13 sunrises in the woods.. Wouldn't trade it for anything though. Sucks you peppered him but just keep at it, you only have to get lucky once.

Bigslam51

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Stark County
I'm done for the day, they were still henned up and strutting in a field I can't hunt when I left at 10:15. Gotta get some sleep before work, running on 3 hours now.

I know what you mean buddy. We've been up every day since Saturday at 4:30 and all last week at 5:00. I've seen the past 13 sunrises in the woods.. Wouldn't trade it for anything though. Sucks you peppered him but just keep at it, you only have to get lucky once.

I think I am around 14 to 16 days split between PA and OH Scouting/Hunting as well as evening roosting which it doesn't get dark until like 9:00 PM anymore. This sport definitely isn't for those that enjoy their sleep but agreed it is the one thing in my life that only seems to get better as I age (Lol sounds funny when I realize I am only 26).

He ran like 30 yards and broke in full strut again. I had to back out for work but its good knowing he is fine as there are a others that I shot and was unsure if it might be dead in the woods or still alive but never found any sign.

I thoroughly enjoy your turkey hunting antics and its nice to see the companionship and dedication you and your turkey hunting buddy have for the sport. Looking forward to your story to come.

Spencie

Constitution Ohio
Today was about as slow and boring at our place as it could be. Heard a couple way off on the roost. Around 10:00 I may have heard another way off. I checked some cams. Other than the bird I shot there hasn't been a tom on cam since Saturday ?????

Bigslam51

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Stark County
Today was about as slow and boring at our place as it could be. Heard a couple way off on the roost. Around 10:00 I may have heard another way off. I checked some cams. Other than the bird I shot there hasn't been a tom on cam since Saturday ?????
Are they breaking up in search of new hens?