Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

No Till Food Plots - So Easy

at1010

*Supporting Member*
Zach Haas with another great photo of a different deer enjoying some Carbon Load!

It’s time to plant NitroBoost but leaving some carbon load for fawning cover - isn’t a bad idea! Food and cover, all in one!!

IMG_2800.jpeg

Last edited:

at1010

*Supporting Member*
There are a lot of things I love about our company but nothing and I mean nothing rivals how it makes me feel when I get to help someone achieve their goals. There are no overnight fixes. No snake oil.

Just a great product, backed by the very best and most sincere customer service we can offer.

To all of the supporters - sincerely thank you!!
IMG_6984.jpeg

at1010

*Supporting Member*
Crimper update @ day 3 -

I’d say we are 60-70% termination. That is about what I was hoping for with a physical termination method (mowing,crimping, etc). Now I’ll have plenty of the clover to feed deer now as the NitroBoost grows up through this thatch!

Pretty amazing to see how fast the termination is visually apparent when using a crimper or mower.
IMG_7034.jpeg

Reactions: 5Cent and Big_Holla

jagermeister

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
Al, is that a homemade crimper? Does it vibrates the crap out of you when in use, since the fins aren’t spiraled or v-shaped? Wondering how bad it is I guess. lol. Plot looks great though btw!

Reactions: 5Cent and at1010

at1010

*Supporting Member*
Al, is that a homemade crimper? Does it vibrates the crap out of you when in use, since the fins aren’t spiraled or v-shaped? Wondering how bad it is I guess. lol. Plot looks great though btw!
This is homemade (not by me tho) I found a guy up in MI - works for Ford and kids are grown. In evenings he just welds in his shop. He charged me a few hundred bucks.

1. My buddy ran it more as I was in tractor but he didn’t complain.
2. We filled it with water and idk what it weighed but it was heavy as hell! Once full and if you get going a little speed - it really seemed to be a pretty smooth ride

thanks man!! Should have a ton of food for wildlife this Summer with the plots and tsi.

jagermeister

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
This is homemade (not by me tho) I found a guy up in MI - works for Ford and kids are grown. In evenings he just welds in his shop. He charged me a few hundred bucks.

1. My buddy ran it more as I was in tractor but he didn’t complain.
2. We filled it with water and idk what it weighed but it was heavy as hell! Once full and if you get going a little speed - it really seemed to be a pretty smooth ride

thanks man!! Should have a ton of food for wildlife this Summer with the plots and tsi.
Right on! Must not have been too bad if he didn’t complain! Lol

Reactions: 5Cent and at1010

at1010

*Supporting Member*
Throw and mow update -

A few weeks ago I mowed off Carbon Load with a push mower. This is for my garden cover crop. Because of my tomatoes needing more time and me wanting to offset some of the compaction issues in the garden - I seeded NitroBoost. This gave me a few weeks of growth and 2x cover crops prior to my garden crop.

at1010

*Supporting Member*
As you can see the mowing set back the Carbon Load greatly. It created a great space for the NitroBoost to grow in and this garden is LOADED with diversity!!

I get asked often how to terminate without spraying. There are a lot of ways and none are perfect, but do they have to be?

at1010

*Supporting Member*
Get outside and enjoy the outdoors!! Always trying new things and learning as well go - that’s half the fun!

-Al
0AA436F3-C4C1-4DF1-8C02-800D9FDBBBC4.jpeg

at1010

*Supporting Member*
Day 6 crimper update

1. Termination is solid
2. Deer feeding is also consistent - which is very cool as any clover or what not that did survive is low and the deer can access it easily.

We’ve had some well timed rains and some heat - I am expecting the NB to pop out of the ground and really take off here shortly. I’ll continue to bring updates throughout the growing season.
IMG_7048.jpeg

at1010

*Supporting Member*
If there was ever a time I ask you to follow someone, it’s now. This young man emailed me and asked if I would do his podcast. George is a 16 year old, young man with a passion for wildlife and apparently soils! I don’t know what I was doing at 16 (ok maybe I do) but it wasn’t recording podcasts and stepping out of my comfort zone.

We as hunters, and conservationist must continue to support and inspire the next generation. After speaking with this young man for about an hour, I’d say the future is in good hands.

Link- https://open.spotify.com/episode/7JqqMyyGp8ndbhFq07kOCp?si=Y12rKl3fRBSmHwdYd4gXjQ

@venturesofland @gatewell1707