Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

"New truck"

Bigslam51

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Stark County
This might make the list as well. Be nice to have a cap on a sidewalk crew truck. Be a pain if hauling firewood. Sounds like an older gentleman over the phone. Sounds very straight forward. I felt zero shifty business like the other Toyota. Just a solid truck with same owner (second owner) since 2005. Bit more comforting buying off someone like this.

http://limaohio.craigslist.org/cto/5920584859.html
So buy it, take the cap off, and sell the cap lol

hickslawns

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
Picked up the green ext cab with a cap tonight. Drives out nice. I think it will serve our needs well. Be a good firewood/deer hauler/sidewalk crew truck. Nice to have something to jump in that isn't lettered as well. Should make a fine little parts fetcher as well.

It isn't red. Buckmaster will just have to deal with it I guess. . . .

hickslawns

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
Almost matches my green Jeep. Guess it will do.
[emoji1] [emoji1] [emoji1]

20161216_190426.jpg

"J"

Git Off My Lawn
Supporting Member
North Carolina
Picked up the green ext cab with a cap tonight. Drives out nice. I think it will serve our needs well. Be a good firewood/deer hauler/sidewalk crew truck. Nice to have something to jump in that isn't lettered as well. Should make a fine little parts fetcher as well.

It isn't red. Buckmaster will just have to deal with it I guess. . . .

Welcome too the dark side Phil.....

00buck

Long story short. Truck caught fire. She gone.

View attachment 50439

The thought of rebuilding is there. I did buy it back from the insurance company. Just not sure I have the heart to do it right now. Nor do I have the time. This fire really sort of took the wind out of my sail.

Fast forward to today. I have been kicking around picking up a different truck just to use for my sidewalk crews. It would also serve as a parts fetching truck, firewood hauler, etc. I think I might go a different direction. Maybe I will buy a smaller truck than initially planned. I am going to look at this truck in the morning. He told me $1800 obo tonight. Brand new tires 2wks ago. Engine and transmission "allegedly" rebuilt 50k miles ago. Typical Yota rust but not terrible given the age. Guess I will know more after I look at it.

http://limaohio.craigslist.org/cto/5917988757.html
So what did it cost you to buy it back

hickslawns

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
Timing was perfect. We got the truck home then we were hit with all the ice. 1/4-1/2" totals to be exact. Having the 4x4 was critical. Our 2wd Colorado just sat there which is likely all that would have happened if we attempted to drive it. LIkely a lot of spinning tires and getting stuck on ice and any grades. Next challenge will be this week when I top it off with firewood to haul to my parents house. I'm curious to see how well it carries a load of wood. I'm not expecting it to handle it like an F550, but I am hoping it doesn't squat terribly bad.