Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

jagermeister

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
I enjoy the trail riding, but I sure wouldn't base any decisions on whether or not a location is ATV-friendly. The odds of us finding another Mingo are slim-to-none. I for one really enjoy the shooting aspects of the summer gathering and I think those should take precedence over anything else. If anyone doesn't enjoy the 3d shoot, regardless of temperature, all I can say is you're doing it wrong. Trick shots, through the trees, breaking arrows, giving guys a hard time, molesting foam dinosaurs...that's what it's all about. [emoji23]

Reactions: bowhunter1023

hickslawns

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
I enjoy the trail riding, but I sure wouldn't base any decisions on whether or not a location is ATV-friendly. The odds of us finding another Mingo are slim-to-none. I for one really enjoy the shooting aspects of the summer gathering and I think those should take precedence over anything else. If anyone doesn't enjoy the 3d shoot, regardless of temperature, all I can say is you're doing it wrong. Trick shots, through the trees, breaking arrows, giving guys a hard time, molesting foam dinosaurs...that's what it's all about. [emoji23]

I have thoroughly enjoyed the clay shooting. First year was awesome and I totally sucked! Last year I started to figure things out and had even more fun. Shooting the bow? I prefer/enjoy hunting with a bow. 3D shoots? Eh, they're okay. The trail riding is where it is at for me. Then again, I'm nearly 43 and I have been doing it since I was 7. I'm closing in on 4 decades of trail riding. I guess that is why Mingo was so spectacular. It truly had something for all our favorite activities. We could pick and choose a bit. Don't want to shoot your bow? No problem, head down to the range or hit the trails. Don't like that stuff? No problem, sit around eating and drinking. Mingo will be missed.