Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Monster Channel Cat Broke my Rod

"J"

Git Off My Lawn
Supporting Member
North Carolina
If it wasn't such a good channel cat I probably would have. I know one time I broke a rod when I had a snapping turtle on. I let the F bombs fly then.
If I lost my cool on every rod I’ve damaged? I’d be in @Dustinb80 shoes 😳😂
I have a good friend who makes my rods for me. He doesn’t have a problem replacing tips on rods that get damaged…..
If you fish long enough, and like sensitive rods, you’ll have issues now and then. If you can’t handle it, go buy an ugly stik 😂

GoetsTalon

Supporting Member
Walbridge oh
I here ya lol! Broke my favorite rod years ago but kept the two pieces rubber banded together. Couple years later I'm off on a medical leave and take it to Net Craft just to see what they say. Less than a week later the guy calls and says it's fixed. I couldn't believe how good a job they did. I told the guy the only thing stopping me from giving him a kiss was the counter between us lmao!

• Haha
Reactions: cspot and "J"

Redhunter1012

Supporting Member
I here ya lol! Broke my favorite rod years ago but kept the two pieces rubber banded together. Couple years later I'm off on a medical leave and take it to Net Craft just to see what they say. Less than a week later the guy calls and says it's fixed. I couldn't believe how good a job they did. I told the guy the only thing stopping me from giving him a kiss was the counter between us lmao!
NetCraft is legit at fixing rods. Have had several fixed there. And as @J said, you'll have issues using the sensitive rods. I quit using my St Croix Legends for trolling. Couple channel cats cured me of that

GoetsTalon

Supporting Member
Walbridge oh
Have a St Croix premier in 7' heavy that is my cat pole. Originally bought for muskie in Canada. A Legend 6' in light action (my favorite) and a 6'6" Avid. The Avid is the one that got broke. Not the tip but snapped the handle off in a bad docking move. The Tackle box in Toledo was the place I bought the first two. Some guys might remember the place.

Reactions: cspot