Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Mail

RedCloud

Super Moderator
Super Mod
North Central Ohio
Reactions: Jackalope

hickslawns

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
Got last week's payroll checks in the mail today. Thankfully we have direct deposit so my guys were only missing their pay stubs. Even so, it is frustrating. I run payroll every other Monday. My payroll company generally has them in the mail the next day. So it took 7-9 days to make it 15-20 miles to the house.

Reactions: Fletch and 5Cent

Clay Showalter

Southern member northern landowner
Guilford County
It is getting worse, much worse, I had a package leave January 15, from about 90 miles away, now just floating around for 4 days.

F3A99315-8975-47F8-9B99-16DA6D9AD505.png

My prescriptions get mailed from the Meijer store about 15 minutes away. They were mailed last week Tuesday and I still haven’t received them. Was something I set up with them back when Covid started, free shipping and usually arrive in 2-3 days.

"J"

Git Off My Lawn
Supporting Member
North Carolina
Online retail giant Amazon reached out to President Joe Biden soon after his inauguration on Wednesday, offering to "leverage" its operations to assist in his efforts to ramp up distribution of COVID-19 vaccines nationwide.

So, because he didn’t like Trump. Amazon held back that offer when the vaccine first rolled out? But as soon as his guy takes office he’s there before the palm print gets cold on the Bible he was sworn in on? So tens of thousands of vaccinations went undeliverable because he hated the bad orange man.... SMDH

RedCloud

Super Moderator
Super Mod
North Central Ohio
Online retail giant Amazon reached out to President Joe Biden soon after his inauguration on Wednesday, offering to "leverage" its operations to assist in his efforts to ramp up distribution of COVID-19 vaccines nationwide.

So, because he didn’t like Trump. Amazon held back that offer when the vaccine first rolled out? But as soon as his guy takes office he’s there before the palm print gets cold on the Bible he was sworn in on? So tens of thousands of vaccinations went undeliverable because he hated the bad orange man.... SMDH
Orange man bad. Bozos knew he couldn't get what he wanted with Trump but now he has a team he can play ball with. Show the shortcomings of the USPS, UPS, and FedEx and then show how his services are superior because they haven't fallen behind. He wants the Government contract to himself and try to weasel his way into a takeover. First to fall will be the USPS. The media already helped him as well as the Dems during the smear campaign leading up to the election.

Mark my words and watch it happen.

Then he'll go after UPS.

"J"

Git Off My Lawn
Supporting Member
North Carolina
Orange man bad. Bozos knew he couldn't get what he wanted with Trump but now he has a team he can play ball with. Show the shortcomings of the USPS, UPS, and FedEx and then show how his services are superior because they haven't fallen behind. He wants the Government contract to himself and try to weasel his way into a takeover. First to fall will be the USPS. The media already helped him as well as the Dems during the smear campaign leading up to the election.

Mark my words and watch it happen.

Then he'll go after UPS.
USPS is a house of cards propped up by taxpayer monies....
I don’t see UPS or FedEx going anywhere anytime soon.... IMHO....

Reactions: Jamie

Hoytmania

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Gods Country
How many government employees will become unemployed? Then at that point is everyone at Amazon a government employee if Amazon gets the contract

RedCloud

Super Moderator
Super Mod
North Central Ohio
USPS is a house of cards propped up by taxpayer monies....
I don’t see UPS or FedEx going anywhere anytime soon.... IMHO....
USPS is done for this time for sure. They tried to force it when they made them pay retirement upfront. It definitely crippled them but they kept themselves afloat. With the media and Dems behind bozo they will put the final nail in the coffin.

UPS has been ok over the years and stayed consistent but not as much growth and I think FedEx has a little stronger model.

"J"

Git Off My Lawn
Supporting Member
North Carolina
How many government employees will become unemployed? Then at that point is everyone at Amazon a government employee if Amazon gets the contract
They’d be government contractors.... No government benefits or retirement.
There’s a little over 600k of them Steve....

Reactions: RedCloud

RedCloud

Super Moderator
Super Mod
North Central Ohio
Just like any company takeover. Low guys on the totem will be absorbed. Those with time in will be forced to retire or let go. Managers will be moved around. Hire up the chain will be given severance packages and let go. The union will be gone not that any union has been for shit in years. They are heavy democratic leaning anyway so no big loss from the ones I have been in for the past 4 years.

It'll be interesting to see if it goes government or stays private. I think it'll stay a private company with a government contract.

"J"

Git Off My Lawn
Supporting Member
North Carolina
Now way those politicians let 600k federal employees go too the wayside.
Especially when they’re pro democrat....

tracker 6

In a thicket
How did this go from Amazon delivering covid vaccine to them taking over USPS ? What does usps have to do with shipping vaccines? This stuff isn't going though the mail is it? And a lot of that was in the form of Amazon getting their own massive amount of people inoculated . Why would they want to takeover Usps when they are already screwing them on delivery rates?

Last edited: