Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Looking For Headlamp Reviews

steveOh

Dayton Area
I need to replace my headlamp and was wondering what make/model that you all use. I just need one to occasionally use while setting up/walking in before daylight. What do you all use? TIA

at1010

*Supporting Member*
I have the nightstick headlamps - they are used a light in the PPE industry. I find they are the best for the cost by far!!! Super bright, light weight and great strap.

Reactions: Isaacorps

Mike

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Up Nort
1697572221844.png

TinyTucky

The Flatlands
I have a couple Nebo Einsteins. They’re produce more than enough light for what I need, they’re rechargeable and only like $25. High and low spot light setting, and a red and white flood light setting. I use them for walking in, setting up, tracking, etc and also my go to for fly fishing at night up north. I have 0 complaints.

triple_duece

Ragin Cajun.
Fenix look them up.

Last edited:

Mike

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Up Nort
I've used this model for home inspections for 6 years. I always have two on hand. Great light and cheap.
Limited-time deal: CUGHYS Headlamp Flashlight, USB Rechargeable Led Head Lamp, IPX4 Waterproof T004 Headlight with 4 Modes and Adjustable Headband, Perfect for Camping, Hiking, Outdoors, Hunting(One PCS https://a.co/d/2VsWF9L

Chancegriffis

Salesville ohio
My dad swears up and down by his sonic beam, I believe is the name but I use this Petzel. Hasn’t let me down ever and battery life is more than sufficient for what you’re wanting to do with it. I use it to gig frogs mostly but it’ll light up the woods when you really need it at 1500 lumens.

P8riot

Carbon, In
Streamlight fan here as well. I have the Protac original and the 2.0 headlamps

The 2.0 run time is what made me buy it. Its heavy though. You know its there and it leaves its mark on your forehead if you wear it a while. I was rewiring outlets in my house and garages so I needed something with a ton of run time. It also goes to 2,000 lumens at its brightest. Rechargeable with an S type cable with a fast charger and I'm back at it!

They are a bit pricey, but I'm always using the heck out of mine.

Hedgelj

Supporting Member
Mohicanish
There are a lot of great options out there.

The biggest factors I consider are size/weight, light output and battery.

Beyond that there are many good brands and they will vary primarily in their initial background. Fenix and Streamlight started as more tactical and .gov style. Black diamond and Petzl were for climbing and backpacking.

I have more petzl but I've had good black diamond ones also. I have streamlight gun lights.

Another consideration is the type of light, more focused or more diffuse because they are nice for different applications. The headlamp I'll use to walk in with is not the same as I'll have in my hand while tracking because it doesn't work as well to look out ahead for eye flash and such.

Reactions: giles and Isaacorps