Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

LIVE! From the Stand 2023-2024 Edition

bowhunter1023

Owner/Operator
Staff member
Appalachia
Old Kaynuts done messed up and slept in. We could be at McDonald's already 😂

Screenshot_20231104_073402_Tactacam REVEAL.jpg

"J"

Git Off My Lawn
Supporting Member
North Carolina
I seen 1 doe right at dark and that was it for the day . My son has been holding down the fort at work while I've been off all week hunting . When he got off work he jumped in his hunting gear and got to the woods . And was lucky enough to get a shot at this buck . I'm proud of him 👍👍👍
That’s awesome he could get it done…. Now it’s dads turn! 👍🏼

finelyshedded

You know what!!!
Supporting Member
SW Ohio
I feel sorry for those city folk who have never had the privilege to enjoy a view like we all see when a new day is born. The sounds of the redwing black birds waking up along with it is some frosting on the cake.

IMG_1363.jpeg
IMG_1362.jpeg

A decent big bodied to the ears spread buck crossed the far field just at first shooting light but it was tough making out much of the rack even with binoculars. So far that’s all I’ve seen. Dang murder of crows have found bros deers gut pile and are carrying on since light. Lol

GOOD LUCK EVERYONE

triple_duece

Ragin Cajun.
We got in on the ridge I posted yesterday. Soon as it’s breaking day I had two deer feed within range but couldn’t see them. They hung around for 5-10 minutes then went upwind of me to bed. Dj had a big 3pt in range and took a pic.
IMG_4994.jpeg

This spot just feels right, but will have to make adjustments once we know how the deer are getting here. Good luck Too Family.

hickslawns

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
Been entertained by a button and odd spike. One spike at a 45 and the other one comes out sideways. Thought it had an arrow thru its head but it wasn't. They rub heads the. The button takes off doing zoomies. Like he wants the spike to chase him. Cute. Entertainment. Not why I'm here. Lol

Did have a big body unknown rack cross in front of me on my drive here. Also had a smaller buck cruise thru early. Very vocal this morning. Could hear grunting and bleating often the first 30-45min. Overcast. Feels deery. Just isn't real active. Probably talk my land owner into shooting the weird spike if he gets a shot at him. He likes 1-2yr old deer. Meat hunter.

"J"

Git Off My Lawn
Supporting Member
North Carolina
I'm done. Neighbors are waking up & banging & clanging is starting up. # I hate weekends.
And the deer could probably care less about that noise…. Seen it too many times, where deer just get used too their surroundings. Mowing grass, blowing leaves, running a chainsaw. As long as they don’t move into the woods farther than what they’re used too, that’s normal too them…. Suburban deer handle a lot of that kind of pressure than other deer….