Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

LIVE! From the Stand 2022-2023 Edition

Boarhead

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
First evening hunt of the season,didnt disappoint,passed a nice 10 point with split g2s saw a few others. Bright moon tonight.
Screenshot_20221009-210211_Gallery.jpg
Screenshot_20221009-210200_Gallery.jpg
Screenshot_20221009-210040_Gallery.jpg
Screenshot_20221009-210033_Gallery.jpg

Last edited:

Curran

Supporting Member
Central Ohio
91E4D135-F8C6-4E94-A9F2-7D6BE459E0E9.jpeg

Watched a small buck run a tree 10’ from my stand and had a doe with two yearlings walk passed me. Never had a shot at the doe but that’s all right. It was a great night in the woods.

Caleb, on the other hand, learned a lesson about what happens when your string slaps your coat sleeve. It was a clean miss but he wasn’t too happy about that lesson.

cotty16

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
I bounced my arrow off some saplings yesterday evening at last light. Broke the damn arrow in half. Those saplings disappear in low light. My lighted nock changed directions like 6 times it seemed. LMAO!

It was my first sit of the year and no camera used in this area. Just an old reliable spot.

The target was a nice 150" 10 point. All the fun, none of the mess... right Brock?

brock ratcliff

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
I bounced my arrow off some saplings yesterday evening at last light. Broke the damn arrow in half. Those saplings disappear in low light. My lighted nock changed directions like 6 times it seemed. LMAO!

It was my first sit of the year and no camera used in this area. Just an old reliable spot.

The target was a nice 150" 10 point. All the fun, none of the mess... right Brock?
No friggin mess is right, brother! Catch and release deer hunting is not all bad.

jagermeister

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
Another exciting evening afield for me. I had a good wind and got aggressive, hunting from the ground in hopes of punching a doe tag. I even went so far to tote the crossbow instead of a recurve... because it just sounded fun for some reason, and because I was on a meat collection mission. Well 10 antlerless deer made an appearance, but skirted me by about 150 yards to the east. Bummer. But at last light, 4 bucks entered the field and made their way onto my property... well out of bow range, yet close enough to get the blood pumping. One of them was a 130" 8 pointer, and one of them was a 150-160" 10 pointer. He was a beast. A wide and massive rack. Well I was pinned down by them and of course, the direction they were heading was the same direction I had to go. So I waited them out... as they worked past me, I followed behind slowly and quietly, glassing them and watching them feed and spar with each other the whole way along. It took me about an hour to get out of there but it was worth it. Witnessed an awesome full moon and didn't educate any big deer.