Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Live From the Stand 2017.

brock ratcliff

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
We are settled. Mason is in the fencerow on the left side of this pic.

Attachments

• IMG_1814.jpg
    IMG_1814.jpg
    126.2 KB · Views: 87

hickslawns

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
Had a single small doe filter thru. Always a plus. Maybe this means the Momma doe are kicking the spring batch away. Getting closer to breeding time!

Outdoorsfellar

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
As I was typing, a doe & fawn came in 35 yards in front of me. Soon, a 8 came in from behind me, walked right past grunting. He ended up shooing them off & then followed. A not as great video as I thought to show later.

Last edited:

NE-Oh-Hunter

NE Ohio
Such a beautiful night, I ain’t even mad at the construction crew yelling at the top of their lungs in some unknown language from a property away. Me and the tree chickens just enjoying the colors and the new rub in front of my stand.

Isaacorps

Columbus
Was in such a hurry to get out after work I forgot my coat lol. Oh well, turkey vest will have to do. First ground sit of the year at the intersection of 2 trails. Literally 1 shooting lane, love this spot though

bowhunter1023

Owner/Operator
Staff member
Appalachia
2 does and Mr. Numero Uno tonight. He crossed the road and stopped in our front field to stare at my truck. After a 5 minute stare down, he crossed back over. I sprinted to the top of the hill and there he was in all his glory with a big doe just standing in our back field 25 yards off the road. By then, it was past legal light. He's the biggest buck I've seen in person in 12 years of hunting that farm.

Gordo

Athens County
Same dinks throwing down under my stand around 4ish. Then 3 more does. Then dead until dusk . Shit TON of does popped out and who knows what else.

I used to enjoy quiet, sunny day evening hunts when the wind died down.

Now I'll take shit overcast and breezy. Screw clear skies

Outdoorsfellar

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
I decided to sit on the ground within a downed oak facing north with my back along the gas line. I anticipated deer to come from the north, which a few deer did. As I'm typing away, I heard grunting coming downwind from the other side of the gas line behind me. This is the same buck that busted me the other night. He walked right by me, then veered off a bit before going over to the other deer. I didn't realize the cam didn't start recording in until he was past me. At least it was something for an otherwise uneventful evening. Just never know when it'll be mr right.....

https://youtu.be/NfiYEqr58Gw