Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Live from Louisiana

triple_duece

Ragin Cajun.
Nothing heard this morning. Seemed like a perfect day for gobbling. Every bird in the woods was killing it except for turkeys. Pea brained bastards. In hind sight tho? If there was a day I didn’t want them to talk, it was today as the woods are flooded w scouters.

triple_duece

Ragin Cajun.
image.jpg

triple_duece

Ragin Cajun.
We toughing it out. Not a peep from a Turkey. Mostly cloudy now and wind is blowing. Gonna sit and move next couple of hours. Got in an area with plenty scratching, sat and called every so often. They are testing my resolve of being a Turkey hunter.
On a better note, layne went on the river by boat and drifted trying to find a tom. Well he did just that and has killed his second Tom of his life.

triple_duece

Ragin Cajun.
Hunter and Layne went off the river only hearing a couple gobbles. Me and whit went by boat from his place and heard lots of birds. Came close to pulling the trigger on 4 different setups but only had iffy shots so I never shot. Whit shot once and missed, had to shoot off hand and that bird is still running around. Rain coming in, Hunter going home to work for 2 days to come finish out the season. Me and Layne will go by boat in the morning to the area where he killed opening morning. We not expecting to have much company. Tuesday will most likely be a washout and maybe Wednesday. That’s TBD.

triple_duece

Ragin Cajun.
Well Hunter went home last night to work for two days before coming back. At 10:30pm he called and said truck was running bad and he was pulling over at a gas station in a small town about 1:15 minutes from home. He called a friend w a trailer and picked it up pulling it home. Got home at 3am. This morning he called and said he had a pin hole leak in the line to the fuel filter. It’s a 99 7.3 diesel.

I woke up at 5:20 to check the weather and it was raining so didn’t hunt this morning. Later it wasn’t raining but threatening to rain. Me and Layne had camp fever so we took a ride and went to the area where I found a tom Wednesday morning. Tried to get a response but nothing was happening. As we drove out there was a canebrake snake on the gravel road. We stopped and Layne went and picked it up by the tail. I told him to throw it off the road. Up the road there was a big moccasin on the road and he got to visit the f250 tires. Back up put the truck traction mode off and proceeded over him giving him the road rash he deserves 😂.

Came back to the camp and could some beans w deer sausage. We just chilling on the porch watching it rain. Tomorrow will be worse w rain.

For some reason I can’t post my pics on this site now.