Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Leases anyone?

Buckkillr

Athens
20k to hunt a deer? Says 3-5 year leases available so is that 20k a year!? Surely no one is paying 20,000 to hunt deer

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210810-085157.png
    Screenshot_20210810-085157.png
    305.9 KB · Views: 123

Fletch

Supporting Member
I sent out letters back in March trying to find a lease in Ohio... One person called me about a month ago with 200 acres he wanted to lease... Said he was currently getting $40 and acre and was seeing if I could do better... Told him thanks but no thanks... That's alot of change for a couple days of hunting... Think he was hinting at $50 an acre... Then a woman called me and I think she said she had 7 acres and wanted $1000.00... Another pass... So I guess I won't be hunting Ohio this year....

Reactions: Chancegriffis

Wildlife

Denny
Supporting Member
Ross County, Ohio
I sent out letters back in March trying to find a lease in Ohio... One person called me about a month ago with 200 acres he wanted to lease... Said he was currently getting $40 and acre and was seeing if I could do better... Told him thanks but no thanks... That's alot of change for a couple days of hunting... Think he was hinting at $50 an acre... Then a woman called me and I think she said she had 7 acres and wanted $1000.00... Another pass... So I guess I won't be hunting Ohio this year....

Hey, if you want to hunt Ohio, then get with me. I can't make any promises on any monsters for ya, but I will get you on some Ohio deer.

Buckkillr

Athens
Couple days would be tough and alot more work but the state forest has plenty of big deer, me and friends have walls full of them

Fletch

Supporting Member
Hey, if you want to hunt Ohio, then get with me. I can't make any promises on any monsters for ya, but I will get you on some Ohio deer.

Couple days would be tough and alot more work but the state forest has plenty of big deer, me and friends have walls full of them
Thanks guys... Denny ya never know...

Buckkillr I believe ya that some of the state forests have big bucks... I've hunted big woods all my life and love getting away from the crowd...

Reactions: Buckkillr

hickslawns

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
I have 7 acres you can hunt for free. Might have company from the neighbors often, but I won't charge you a dime Fletch.