Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Lake bite

jagermeister

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
There saying the 2003 hatch is huge this year. Good chance of the Ohio state record being beat this year. At 16+lbs.
I saw that too. And I believe it... We'll see it beat, if not this year within the next 2 or 3. The average fish size out there right now is just crazy.

motorbreaker

*Supporting Member I*
North of Toledo
We made it out for a few hours this morning. Storms moved in about noon. They were biting pretty good. Caught 6 all females. only 3 had eggs still. We were gonna go tomorrow but it looks to windy for us.

4-9-15.jpg

Carpn

*Supporting Member*
Wooster
Just Sunday for us . If ya'll get on anything good Saturday, or Sunday morning and don't mind sharing info my number is 3306014831 .

jagermeister

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
Lemme know how its going out there tomorrow Chad. I'm gonna try to go Sunday for sure if I get a decent report. Hopefully this gale force SW wind cleans it up a bit in close.

motorbreaker

*Supporting Member I*
North of Toledo
Ok Jake..gotcha. I am in turtle creek and going out of there...how about you?

I believe there is a tournament out of turtle creek in the morning. 60 boats. Proly be packed. Try northeast of F-can, We were marking a lot of fish over there. Right where it went from 25' to 18' Good luck guys.

jagermeister

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
I believe there is a tournament out of turtle creek in the morning. 60 boats. Proly be packed. Try northeast of F-can, We were marking a lot of fish over there. Right where it went from 25' to 18' Good luck guys.
Yep, LEWT tourney tomorrow. It's gonna be awfully hectic up there around first light I bet.

motorbreaker

*Supporting Member I*
North of Toledo
Anyone doing any good? My bil. took 5th in the tourney yesterday with just under 49lbs. 5 fish. He said he fished closer to shore yesterday as the water cleaned up some.

Carpn

*Supporting Member*
Wooster
Jigged today in 12-13 fow just West of turtle Creek and did good . I caught 12 and my buddy with me caught 4 .

jagermeister

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
You must be cursed cause everyone I know that was out yesterday caught there limits in no time.
You're not helping, motorbreaker. Lmao. No seriously I do feel cursed. BUT yesterday's trip was more about getting the boat out and running it than catching fish. I didn't even launch until 9:30 or 10:00.

Gern186

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
NW Ohio Tundra
I guess I should have gotten in the tournament this weekend. We fished 2 days and had 17 fish ohios ...most incredible 2 days of fishing in my life. Smallest fish both days was 25 inches.