Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Lack Of Ohio Deer....

Cogz

Cogz
TX
True. Probably not worth it. Would take at least a year to weed out the turds. Likely to cost you cameras, stands, individual hunts and overall quality.

Reactions: finelyshedded

Fletch

Supporting Member
Its not uncommon for deer to winter on other properties this time of year and then come back to their home ranges in the spring. I would not be worried at all.
Yes they may go winter elsewhere, but where were last year's rubs??? Hell didnt make it to Illinois to hunt last year but was there this week... Trees were tore to shit... This property has been cleaned of deer.. Dave just like behind your house...

Reactions: finelyshedded

RedCloud

Super Moderator
Super Mod
North Central Ohio
Any amish living nearby? I've seen them fish out ponds and decimate wood lots of critters.

Could be a number of reasons the deer aren't there. For $30/ an acre it isn't worth the headache to try bringing them back and without living on the property or even nearby it would take a long time to accomplish.

Seems people only ever want to talk about how great things are. People search Ohio for big dreams and high hopes. When in reality, Ohio is made up of pockets of deer.

The guys had hunted the same area multiple years and made YouTube videos about how awesome it was. Plastering his videos on the web. Now he’s upset because people are all over his spots and seems clueless as to why. He has pushed himself out of his local public honey holes. Over a little bit of YouTube fame.

Link to videos?

Reactions: Hedgelj

finelyshedded

You know what!!!
Supporting Member
SW Ohio
I’d move on Rich, sounds like the LO’s lack of enforcement or care of who or how many hunters are hunting it now will be an issue. You not being there year round to monitor it or manage it won’t help. IMO

It starts with the LOer’s willingness to provide you with fair investment or not.

Fletch

Supporting Member
Ric... I already moved on, wasn't even considering it after walking it as I think I've been hunting long enough to realize whether a piece of land has potential or not... Anyone want to prove me wrong PM me and I'll give you the guys name and phone number....

Reactions: giles

mike hunt

I had 2 awesome spots from over 25 years ago, now your lucky to see a Deer, amish had a lot to do with it