Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Kalamazoo Traditional Bow Expo

Creamer

Athens
I've been to this event several times, missed it a couple of times due to weather and currently going to be there this time. (y) It's a 2 hour and 50 minute drive, but well worth it. The people you get to meet, bows on display that you can shoot and a consignment table full of bows for sale too. :cool:

Anyone else going? :unsure:

How was the show? Shoot a lot of bows? I'd love to hear a report on how it was and if it's worth the drive from farther away than you are. I've been interested in this show for a few years but haven't forced myself to go yet.

Reactions: Bowhunter57
How was the show? Shoot a lot of bows? I'd love to hear a report on how it was and if it's worth the drive from farther away than you are. I've been interested in this show for a few years but haven't forced myself to go yet.
It was awesome, as usual. There were plenty of bows to shoot, but I didn't shoot any of them. Even so, I had my hands on a lot of them and had some thoughts about taking one home. :unsure:

I really like my ILF setups. 💯 I'd like to change the riser on my ILF longbow, but otherwise the riser limb combinations are working very well for me. (y) This is the reason why I hesitate when I consider getting into another bow brand. For example.... If I like a Black Widow, I'm stuck with their limbs and how they feel during the draw cycle, how they shoot upon release, etc., etc. Black Widow makes a very fine bow and I'm only using them as an example.
By the same example/reference, I do NOT like Hoyt limbs on my Hoyt Satori riser. (n) They're stiff drawing and have a harsh "backwall". Therefore the reason why I have Uukha Gobi limbs on a Satori riser. :cool:

There were a lot of tables full of accessories too. Tabs, gloves, quivers, custom feathers (multi colors) cut to your liking, while you wait and there were some hunting clothing, like Fred Asbell jackets, hoodies, etc. There's the consignment table that has all kinds of bows for sale. One of which I nearly purchased. :)

Reactions: Creamer