Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Kaiser's trapping attempts 2014

Kaiser878

ohio
I have a very small lime out since I go back to work today. Still managed 2 possums. Ha and a coon. One possum was caught in cubby set for a mink. Fucker stuck his head rt in that 150 connibear.

Mike

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Up Nort
So opossums have no real use. I'm asking because they are listed as a species in the regulations.

Kaiser878

ohio
They are worth about 2 dollars skinned. And they are a bitch to skin and they are paper thin. IMO not worth my time.... so I just let them go.... I kinda feel bad for possums. I'm known as the possum whisperer in the possum community. . They don't attack me and in turn I let them go unharmed. I literally just pick em up like a pet n free their foot and let them go. Haha

RedCloud

Super Moderator
Super Mod
North Central Ohio
They are worth about 2 dollars skinned. And they are a bitch to skin and they are paper thin. IMO not worth my time.... so I just let them go.... I kinda feel bad for possums. I'm known as the possum whisperer in the possum community. . They don't attack me and in turn I let them go unharmed. I literally just pick em up like a pet n free their foot and let them go. Haha

I'm sure your known as something different in the turkey community lol.

Kaiser878

ohio
I never base plated my Bridger coyote traps. So I am base plating them today. After Christmas when beaver season comes in I'll set my best coyote property. So I'm getting these bad boys ready to clamp some paws. I'm also gonna bump my pan tension up on these to 3-4 lbs. As I don't intends on catching anything else on them with exception of a fox. And a fox will easily break over a 4 lb pan tension. Heck a coon will also

Kaiser878

ohio
Traps

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1418501402077.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1418501402077.jpg
    137.6 KB · Views: 95