Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

"J"'s Fishing Journey 2017

CJD3

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
NE Ohio
Came home this week. Head back sat/sun.
I had no time to even do half I needed to. (sigh)

You sure make retirement look good Buddie... lol

"J"

Git Off My Lawn
Supporting Member
North Carolina
Came home this week. Head back sat/sun.
I had no time to even do half I needed to. (sigh)

You sure make retirement look good Buddie... lol

Bad thing about the whole retirement gig is not being able to share that time with people you want too hang out with....
Most others are all working still lol....

But I like the solitude at times on the boat, stand or just sitting out in a field glassing for groundhogs....

"J"

Git Off My Lawn
Supporting Member
North Carolina
Well we have it our best shot lol...
9.8 won it 8.9 was second and 7.0 was third... we were tied for fourth with 6.5....

Caught a lot of fish today just not the quality we'd hoped for... Everyone caught a lot, just most fish were in the 1lb range... Had a good time and the rain finally moved out around 10 and got pretty nice out...
River flow was up there and everywhere there was slack water or an eddy there were fish on it.... Like I told my buddy, no hanging your head cause there wasn't a thing we did wrong, never lost any big ones so it is what it is.... had a blast, caught a bunch of fish and saw some great scenery too boot....
Onward too the next one.... lol

"J"

Git Off My Lawn
Supporting Member
North Carolina
Well, finally installing a recessed trolling motor foot pedal try.... Entails cutting a hole in the front deck using a template and then dropping it in and bolting it down... Should be interesting too say the least.... A buddy of mine has installed two of them one being on his own boat.... Going over too his place in the morning and taking the plunge lol.... Heading to a local lake afterwards too try it out.... Wish us luck lol....

"J"

Git Off My Lawn
Supporting Member
North Carolina
IMG_9519.jpg

IMG_9515.jpg

IMG_9516.jpg

IMG_9514.jpg

IMG_9518.jpg

IMG_9517.jpg

Went flawlessly with no issues... Measured a dozen times lol before the first cut....
Looks as stock as my buddies on his 08 that was done at the factory....