Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Its coming

LonewolfNopack

The woods
And I will be out there somewhere.
1000001479.jpg

Trueroots

Norton , Ohio
Well the time has come (patiently waited)and I’ll be headed out the next 3-4 days. Ice where I’m going was at 3.5-4” thick as of yesterday evening so hopefully it continues to build even with this blanket of snow forecasted. The plan is to target crappie , perch and some gills. I’ll post updates as I can. Good luck to anyone going and stay safe

Trueroots

Norton , Ohio
Hit up two different lakes today with some success but not like I had hoped. Oh well..got enough perch for a decent meal so I’m thankful. Plus I got a couple dandy perch!
Ice was anywhere from 4-5 inches at both locations. It snowed 4-6 “ from the time I started until I called it after dark which made for one heck of a drag off the ice. I have the largest Shappell sled they make but obviously need to install some runners on the bottom. Tomorrow is another day

jagermeister

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
Classic problem… Good, fishable ice for a few days with ideal weather conditions. Word gets out, then the out of towners show up to fish. I’d be willing to bet most if not all of those folks getting rescued today traveled here from out of town. Open water in the south passage, a crack that was already open, and a stiff SSW wind… the perfect recipe for a moving ice flow, which most locals know to avoid like the plague.