Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Huck's Hunting Journal

Huckleberry Finn

Huckleberry Finn's Hunting Log 2011/12
Hours Hunted: 33.5
Deer Seen: 18
Stands Hunted: 2
Deer Harvested: 2 (does, bow)

---

Saw zero tonight and few signs of activity...other than 2 in the next field over as I as driving around the country block before sitting down. It was a good sit. Probably burn some boots trying to figure out where else there could be action...

Huckleberry Finn

http://www.theohiooutdoors.com/showthread.php?6505-Tree-Safety-Reminder

Well, it's been 8 days since my slip and fall and I'm ready to say fugg it. I'm hopefully going to find out today when/how much I'm going to work over the next two and a half weeks and depend on the answer, I'm going to make a plan for how I'm going to hunt. I think I'm going to overlook this small piece of ground for a bigger portion on Saturday that traditionally gets good movement during gun season, even though it looks like we are going to lose the snow cover by then. With that in mind, if I don't get the work call today, I'm planning on walking both pieces of ground and using the snow to cut some tracks and get an idea of what is around and where. I've got a spot picked out in my mind for Saturday and I will probably build a small ground blind out of brush and plan on spending the day glassing off of a bucket seat. I will probably return to my treestand later this week, provided that my back muscles will allow me to draw back my bow - I'm still sore as an old man! Screw it though, this is my time to hunt and it's going to hurt either way...I've got cabin fever after a week of not doing anything.

hickslawns

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
i hope so Huck! Team #2 needs you! I think we could be the sleeper team. Buckmaster would not surprise me one bit if he pulled a tag out of his bag this weekend either. Not so sure we will ever hear from Swampdonkey again. lol I am still after it as well. Haven't heard from Willy lately, but I would guess he is still hunting here and there.

Outside of the contest, good luck this weekend and be careful bud!

xbowguy

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Licking Co. Ohio
Good Luck To Ya Huck..... When things get down and boring..... I do something whether it be method or property's that I'd not normally do.... Sometimes it works. Sorta like do something the deer did not expect.

Hoytmania

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Gods Country
DANG STEVE!!!! I somehow missed your other thread and am glad to hear that it isn't worse than it is. Best of luck to you bro this weekend. Give me a call if you need some help tracking or dragging.

Huckleberry Finn

DANG STEVE!!!! I somehow missed your other thread and am glad to hear that it isn't worse than it is. Best of luck to you bro this weekend. Give me a call if you need some help tracking or dragging.

It's a good half mile drag, uphill. I will be calling the farmer for the Gator!

Hoytmania

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Gods Country
It would be nice to meet up before you go back, actually I have a friend that wants to meet you and ask some questions about all the Marcelus drilling and fracking. When do you go back?

1hornwilly

*Supporting Member III*
Phil, I am alive and well. Still workin on knockin down a FL monster buck. Haha. Wish I was goin out in the morn. Gonna be 31 degrees here! It was 45 today and all after school activities were cancelled due to the cold. Hahaahhhahah. Florida cracks me up. I still gotta post my doe pics.

Hoytmania

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Gods Country
That is funny stuff Willy. Cancelled due to the cold. It 17 out right now. They would probably cancell school all together if it got that cold wouldn't they.

finelyshedded

You know what!!!
Supporting Member
SW Ohio
Sorry I missed Hucks slip and fall post too. Glad to hear your not hurting to bad but just take it easy. Goodluck this weekend Steve and lay down a whopper. Change in strategy is often a good move!

Huckleberry Finn

Hours Hunted: 32
Deer Seen: 19
Stands Hunted: 3

Saw 1 tail today...hunted "the Big Woods" this morning and the other spot this afternoon...sat in a camp chair all day and damnit if it isn't good to be a hillbilly!

Huckleberry Finn

Hours Hunted: 48
Deer Seen: 19
Stands Hunted: 3

--

Didn't see anything through muzzleloader. I think that's a wrap...