Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

How to tag bucks with trash?

Wiley E Coyote

I am taking a couple of things away from this so far.

1. It does not matter what you say for points.

2. They want it to be questionable so they can have access to your home.

3. The want to brag about your buck is the devils hand.
It does matter because if they ever come knocking on your door the points on your racks better match your tag numbers. That's the only reason they ask that question IMO.

Chancegriffis

Salesville ohio
This is true. However, providing "false" information during the check in process is against the law. I've seen the charge tacked on to other wildlife violations, but usually only when it’s obvious someone was being deceptive, like having a fiend tag an animal and they get caught.
How would you justify it to be false information if you had no intent to deceive or falsely identify how many “scoreable points” your deer had? This is another one of those grey areas for me.

Jackalope

Dignitary Member
Staff member
How would you justify it to be false information if you had no intent to deceive or falsely identify how many “scoreable points” your deer had? This is another one of those grey areas for me.

Right. That's why you usually see it tacked on to other charges that make it clear the intent was to falsify a report.

Reactions: Chancegriffis

hickslawns

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
If you ever get questioned you can pull this thread up as "not sure what to do. Saw this after the fact. Seems grey area." Spells out there is no intent to falsify things. On the contrary, Chance just told us he tagged a 16 as a 10pt and "screw them it is none of their business" was his opinion. 🤣

Reactions: OO2

Chancegriffis

Salesville ohio
Solid 10pt there boys.

Attachments

• IMG_4774.png
    IMG_4774.png
    1 MB · Views: 53
Reactions: Trueroots