Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

How My 2023 Season Went

steveOh

Dayton Area
20240113_145159.jpg

Tipmoose

Supporting Member
Grove City
Same here....FWIW, we had the exact same kind of bowls in the house while I was growing up. I loved those things. The loser my mom married after my dad died threw them out.

Wiley E Coyote

I've pretty much come to grips with I'm probably not going to get a shot at a buck I want to tag. That's ok! I was healthy and was able to hunt a lot and had a fun season with many good encounters. That being said we need another deer so I'm hunting with the Excalibur from here on out hopefully tagging a berger deer. Torn between what to shoot. Seem to have a lot of young bucks in both of my area's but not so many does. The thought of shooting one seems so odd but on the other hand probably best for my local herd. Guess I'll make that call in the stand. At these temps this week if it's brown it's down may be the rule 😁🦌

hickslawns

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
I've pretty much come to grips with I'm probably not going to get a shot at a buck I want to tag. That's ok! I was healthy and was able to hunt a lot and had a fun season with many good encounters. That being said we need another deer so I'm hunting with the Excalibur from here on out hopefully tagging a berger deer. Torn between what to shoot. Seem to have a lot of young bucks in both of my area's but not so many does. The thought of shooting one seems so odd but on the other hand probably best for my local herd. Guess I'll make that call in the stand. At these temps this week if it's brown it's down may be the rule 😁🦌
The year we had EHD I shot a spike with a decent body on him. Some people thought I was crazy. I knew I needed meat. Shooters weren't readily available. I refused to shoot a doe. I suggest you shoot an oddball you don't think will turn into anything. Then take pics with your arms fully extended and a camera person that can pic an angle which makes it look bigger. That's what I did. Made that 22" B&C spike look at least 28". 🤣