Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Hey Hey Hey Guess What.

TripleA88

*Supporting Member*
Not much of a story, ive had access to hunt some smaller parcels in Kentucky since 2003. Joe and I turkey hunt down here. Havent harvested a deer since 2008 here. I began hunting down here again in 2018. Anyways ive been making trips since June prepping and running cams. Once we got into late July i was making weekly one day trips down. This buck started showing up in an area ( July 27th) that i went and investigated, found the best placement for a stand and hung it a week and a half ago. He was showing 4 or 5 days a week at this spot. My goal was a solid velvet buck and he was #2 on my hit list. The other dissappeared in mid July across the road. I wasnt going to be too picky with the amount of time i already had down there. Anyways he rolled in at last light with a good broadside shot. He went about 180 yards down hill and piled up. We found him 2 hours later, and right then we got hammered with rain, thunder and lightning. Made for a royal pain in the ass drag to the quad, but now that its over, what an awesome experience.

TripleA88

*Supporting Member*
covert_1837522272.jpg