Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Guns & Ammo Sales.

Wildlife

Denny
Supporting Member
Ross County, Ohio
I have no idea what it is like for anyone else when it comes to finding and/or purchasing particular/specific gun parts and/or certain gun accessories lately, but I have had some difficulty trying to find certain or specific items available or in stock and/or outrageously priced, not just ammo.

I just received today three high capacity 25 round WIN 308/762x51 NATO PMAGs. The company that I ordered them from last week was the only one I found that had them available in that configuration in months, plus they were surprisingly priced better than where I originally purchase them from, which is MidwayUSA.

20210610_113437.jpg

Anyhow, I have another item where I placed an expensive order/purchased back in April, the 11th, of 21, and I just received an email two days ago from the retailer for the fourth time over the course of the past few months where the estimated shipping date once again has changed. Now they are telling me that the new estimated shipping date will be October 11, 2021.

I was absolutely stunned by that news! So, that prompted me to send an email to the manufacturer directly the day before yesterday and explain my situation. To my amazement, a representative of the manufacturer responded to me immediately with what I consider a personal detailed explanation as to why such a back log in fulfilling orders with their dealers. The representative stated that if I cancel the order with the current retailer and purchase through them directly, they will get one to me within two weeks. Good deal!

Basically, what the manufacturer representative shared with me, not only has the demand increased for this product tremendously since the pandemic and the political atmosphere, which has caused them to increase their production capability by adding five brand new factory machines, two of them that will be fully automated, they also told me that primary materials, such has steel and aluminum, have become more of a challenge, difficult to acquire in bulk amounts. They also shared with me that they are truly having difficulty acquiring new hires as well, new employees. The manufacturing operation of production is located just outside Los Angles, California. Go figure!

I thought I would share my most recent experience with you all because it is not just ammo that is heavily impacted by what I believe is a manufactured crisis in our country currently.

Last edited:

Fletch

Supporting Member
I want primers.
But not at $125 a brick, which is the best I've seen in a while.
I'm down to about 15-20 CCI magnum 209 primers for the muzzle loader... I've emailed and called CCI numerous times with no response... I guess no playing around with Blackhorn 209 this year... Total Bullshit...

Isaacorps

Columbus
They don't have chit out at Polaris...not ammo anyway. And components are still non-existent.
Polaris Cabela’s never does. Not just ammo, they never have anything. Always looks like a going out of business sale in there unless you’re looking for overpriced camo or home decor items. I couldn’t tell you the last time I was in that sorry excuse of an outdoor store. Nothing against Cabela’s, just THAT Cabela’s. Sorry, carry on

Reactions: giles and Tipmoose

Tipmoose

Supporting Member
Grove City
Polaris Cabela’s never does. Not just ammo, they never have anything. Always looks like a going out of business sale in there unless you’re looking for overpriced camo or home decor items. I couldn’t tell you the last time I was in that sorry excuse of an outdoor store. Nothing against Cabela’s, just THAT Cabela’s. Sorry, carry on
I completely agree. Every now and then I can find muzzle loading supplies there. I'll find more things at Vance's that I need and its about a third of the size.

Reactions: giles and Isaacorps

Quantum673

Black Hat Cajun
Supporting Member
Reactions: Tipmoose