Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Guns & Ammo Sales.

Geezer II

Bountiful Hunting Grounds Beyond.
portage county oh
Biden issued executive orders for ghost guns and pistol stock stablizers - wants red laws - says this is just a start - things have sure changed since i was a kid - I could by 22 and 410 shells at the hardware when I was 12 and walk thru town with my gun and nobody cared
Reports that Bidens son lied on a gun purchase background check - the drug question - don't know if its true yet

Reactions: Big_Holla

Sgt Fury

Sgt. Spellchecker
Bought several different boxes of turkey loads for my new 20 gauge....sighted it in a couple of days ago. When I found the best load for the gun, I called around to every gun shop within 50 miles and no one has the loads in stock. Even went to bass pro in Atlantic City and cabelas in Delaware. My only hope is cabelas in West Virginia when I come out in a few weeks, or Bridgeport Equiptment in Marietta.

Reactions: Big_Holla

Bowkills

Nw oh
image.jpeg
Got 200 .44 in the mail I ordered in late January. you guys are struggling for turkey loads, what is next deer season going to look like......not seeing any changes in ammo shortages, just getting worse. Bull freaking shit they are trying to meet demand that's the last thing they are doing. (only my thoughts).

Hedgelj

Supporting Member
Mohicanish
Biden issued executive orders for ghost guns and pistol stock stablizers - wants red laws - says this is just a start - things have sure changed since i was a kid - I could by 22 and 410 shells at the hardware when I was 12 and walk thru town with my gun and nobody cared
They were executive ACTION not ORDERS. There is a significant difference. The bigger issue is his appointment to the head of the AFT er I mean ATF. I guarantee the ATF goes after the pistol braces, 80% lowers, printed lowers in the next 90 days.

Reactions: Mike

Ohiosam

*Supporting Member*
Mahoning Co.
Remington Ammunition is back in operation, and its new president, Jason Vanderbrink, addresses consumers straight from the factory floor in his latest "Where's the Ammo?" video above.

"Today, we're in our American manufacturing facility in Lonoke, Ark.," Vanderbrink said. "You'll see that Big Green is back and stronger than ever."

Following Remington Outdoors' bankruptcy in 2020, Vista Outdoor, parent company of Federal Premium, purchased the Remington ammunition facility in Arkansas, along with most of Remington's trademarks. Immediately following the acquisition, Vista sent a number of experienced managers down to the Lonoke facility to get production back on track.

The lack of consistent production at the Remington ammo plant is considered one of the elements in the perfect storm of supply chain issues that have plagued the ammo market through 2020 and into 2020.

"You know what? I am sick and tired of not being able to find Remington ammunition on the shelves," he said. "We are fixing that. American manufacturing is about to roar, and Remington ammunition is back."

Remington, one of the largest ammunition facilities in the United States, had difficulty obtaining the raw materials needed to fill its capacity. As a result, employees were laid off, machines were idled, all while domestic ammunition demand reached unprecedented heights. With Vista Outdoor's management, production is flowing.

"Our workforce is doing fantastic, and our raw material suppliers have really come through, so now, Remington's going 24/7, and everyone will get to enjoy the quality ammunition that Lonoke, Ark. makes," Vanderbrink said.

Now under competent management, the Remington plant has a bright future ahead, and consumers can take a look at what's rolling out from the factory at Remington Ammunition's new website. As production ramps up, Vanderbrink highlighted the primary focus of the plant's new management.

"It took 205 years to build this brand, and we will never, ever sacrifice quality," he added.

Reactions: Jamie and Big_Holla

Jackalope

Dignitary Member
Staff member
Remington Ammunition is back in operation, and its new president, Jason Vanderbrink, addresses consumers straight from the factory floor in his latest "Where's the Ammo?" video above.

"Today, we're in our American manufacturing facility in Lonoke, Ark.," Vanderbrink said. "You'll see that Big Green is back and stronger than ever."

Following Remington Outdoors' bankruptcy in 2020, Vista Outdoor, parent company of Federal Premium, purchased the Remington ammunition facility in Arkansas, along with most of Remington's trademarks. Immediately following the acquisition, Vista sent a number of experienced managers down to the Lonoke facility to get production back on track.

The lack of consistent production at the Remington ammo plant is considered one of the elements in the perfect storm of supply chain issues that have plagued the ammo market through 2020 and into 2020.

"You know what? I am sick and tired of not being able to find Remington ammunition on the shelves," he said. "We are fixing that. American manufacturing is about to roar, and Remington ammunition is back."

Remington, one of the largest ammunition facilities in the United States, had difficulty obtaining the raw materials needed to fill its capacity. As a result, employees were laid off, machines were idled, all while domestic ammunition demand reached unprecedented heights. With Vista Outdoor's management, production is flowing.

"Our workforce is doing fantastic, and our raw material suppliers have really come through, so now, Remington's going 24/7, and everyone will get to enjoy the quality ammunition that Lonoke, Ark. makes," Vanderbrink said.

Now under competent management, the Remington plant has a bright future ahead, and consumers can take a look at what's rolling out from the factory at Remington Ammunition's new website. As production ramps up, Vanderbrink highlighted the primary focus of the plant's new management.

"It took 205 years to build this brand, and we will never, ever sacrifice quality," he added.

Thanks for the article. When will these executives understand that words without numbers is just a bunch of lip-service PR fluff. When will we actually have journalists that ask questions instead of publish PR releases..

What was the production number during the "Lack of consistent production" period?
What is the current production numbers now that it's "Under competent management"?
What is the targeted production capacity goals for Q2, Q3, & Q4?

"And consumers can take a look at what's rolling out from the factory at Remington Ammunition's new website."

Well let me go see..

1618275648356.png

Well that's about freaking worthless.. Oh but look the price has gone from about $19 a box to $30 :ROFLMAO:

Big Weff

Athens
Bought several different boxes of turkey loads for my new 20 gauge....sighted it in a couple of days ago. When I found the best load for the gun, I called around to every gun shop within 50 miles and no one has the loads in stock. Even went to bass pro in Atlantic City and cabelas in Delaware. My only hope is cabelas in West Virginia when I come out in a few weeks, or Bridgeport Equiptment in Marietta.
C&E in Athens still has some turkey loads in stock pretty reasonable. Not sure what your looking for but might be worth a phone call. Or tell me what your wanting and I can swing in and check tomorrow. 🤘🏻

Reactions: Sgt Fury

"J"

Git Off My Lawn
Supporting Member
North Carolina

Jackalope

Dignitary Member
Staff member
I was hoping you’d see this and add too it. A brief look around and it was pretty vague, almost like they didn’t want too let that part out.

In contrast the entirety of the US Army spent $382 million on small and medium caliber ammunition last year.

Reactions: "J"