Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Full bore and Finelyshedded Shed thread of 2014

finelyshedded

You know what!!!
Supporting Member
SW Ohio
I have no snaring or trapping experience Chad. I don't even know if these people would allow it anyway as they are very animal lovers and like watching all wildlife.

I acquired permission to shed hunt another great farm today that is aprox. 350 acres and looked very sheddy. Walked for a solid 3 hours on it and didn't see much deer sign at all which was very surprising. I had anticipated finding a few on this property today and was taken aback when not only did I not find any sheds but it had very little scat or fresh sign to be found as well. Thought maybe someone else might have been through there already but due to the lack of sign maybe it isn't the case. The farmer has found sheds on his property before but also said he hasn't seen near the amount of deer like past seasons as well. This farm sits right in amid the other farms I shed hunt on so hearing this wasn't surprising. I'm hoping to maybe find some sheds later and am just hoping they haven't dropped them yet.

Fingers crossed...

finelyshedded

You know what!!!
Supporting Member
SW Ohio
Maybe one of these days I'll look you up. If you're able to make it to the TOO bowshoot maybe you can bring some snares and show a few of us who've never done a set. That'd be pretty cool...

finelyshedded

You know what!!!
Supporting Member
SW Ohio
Yipp eeee fugging haaaaa! Many miles and hours since my last find! This #6 small shed I found this afternoon wasn't laying here 10 days ago and has more than several chew marks on it....dang!

finelyshedded

You know what!!!
Supporting Member
SW Ohio
CRP fields are great shed hunting areas cuz when you find sheds they usually have very little rodent damage if any! Good luck when you start your searching Brian.

Fullbore

South Eastern Ohio
Well, I have been down with the intestinal bug for a few days, and haven't been shed hunting much. However, 3 of the last 4 horns that I've found are old ones or early droppers chewed to hell. Looking forward to this weekend, so Ric and I can hunt some together.

finelyshedded

You know what!!!
Supporting Member
SW Ohio
Me TOO bro! Looking forward to just hanging out with you and our buddies that's for sure! Hopefully we find some sheds along the way.

finelyshedded

You know what!!!
Supporting Member
SW Ohio
I walked between3-4 miles yesterday and got skunked and another 3+ miles today with Karissa and found my 7th this afternoon. I saw it turned back at Karissa and smiled then looked back up the hill from us(10 yards away) to where it laid and she said, "I see it!" Pretty cool sharing that together. It was the mate to the small one I found last week that got chewed up some. I was laying 20 yards from where the other side was laying and I'm positive it dropped this past week as I'm sure it wasn't there when I found the first one.

Here is a ATL pic

Ron found his 15-17 since last week as well. One freshy and 2 old chew toys.

His 15th

16th

17th

finelyshedded

You know what!!!
Supporting Member
SW Ohio
Found my 8th of the year tonight and it happened to be from a buck my bro had an encounter with this past November. He'll be a good one to chase this fall.

ATL pics

Closer pic