Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Fs & fb shed thread of 2015

finelyshedded

You know what!!!
Supporting Member
SW Ohio
I found a piece of a main beam from a shed which dropped last year and then got ripped apart by a farm implement last summer. Doesn't count as a shed but I walked some great waterways,sloughs and field edges for about 3 miles last night and that's all I found. Didn't find one bit of sign that anyone else walked it before me either. It had some good mass but looked it it came off a older buck with bad genetics.

Ron found this left side off a buck he got on TC late into the season. Prolly a 2.5 year old with decent potential.

Fullbore

South Eastern Ohio
Yeah, he's got potential for sure! He's one that will get you to stand up and reach for your bow, but make you kick yourself for shooting. Lol. I'd say in 2 more years, he'd be wall decor fo sho!

finelyshedded

You know what!!!
Supporting Member
SW Ohio
Ron found a 2.5 year old bucks left side yesterday in some corn stubble. Should be a dandy in a couple years.

I ain't found anything in the last 10-12 miles of walking. Seeing very little buck sign which stands to reason! I walked 3 huge farms for the first time this year that had no other foot prints telling me they weren't picked up before me walking them. If there are bucks in the 5 mile radius of my hunting area they're running together on property I don't have permission on and are not moving around much. I ask farmers and others if they seen many bucks this past year and they all say pretty much the same thing, "No as a matter of fact I didn't, not like I use to!"
I have a few other places I haven't looked yet since last year this time but don't have much hope as I didn't find any on these places the last couple years and combined they total about 700-800 acres.

Green up is unreal right now and my honey to do list is getting longer....FUGG! LMAO

Here are a few burls I spotted while out this week.

Pic from the backside

Bigger one but much higher(20 ft or so)

I did walk up on a red fox in the middle of the day and sent him hauling ass through a cornfield when he spotted me at 40 yards. It was about 1 pm. Couldn't get a pic though.

Last edited: