Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Frankenmuth, Meeeeeshigan.

Big H

Medina
Medina just got the nod for being one of the best little towns for Christmas in the country. Why would you go to Michigan unless you are going fishing?

Reactions: jagermeister

hickslawns

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
My wife and her girls group take a trip or two a year. They have done Frankenmuth a couple times. It would be perfect for you to win some brownie points, Mike.

I've never been there. It sounds dumb. 🤣

Reactions: Hedgelj and giles

Big H

Medina
I have some buddies that do the Medina Beer Crawl or something. I forget how many breweries we have, at least 8-10. Or are you talking about the state up North?

Bigcountry40

They have a good brewery, a co worker got me a six pack from there, it was good, the bottle caps had Wiener dogs on them.

Reactions: 5Cent
Frankenmuth is one of those little towns you just have to visit. A lot of German heritage in the area, plenty of shops, cheese places, chicken dinners and a whole lot of Christmas especially if you get to Bronners (mandatory stop!) For the wife it will be heaven, for you wear your good walking shoes and patience. Growing up we visited once a year when family from Ohio would come up. We still try to go at least once a year. Keep in mind chicken dinners at the Bavarian Inn or Zehnders are pricey but we definitely enjoy them.

Big Weff

Athens
My grandparents use to live in Sandusky, we would go every time I went up. Cool little town but I’ve never been during christmas. I remember the food was good and the brewery had recently opened “ I think” the last time I was up there. I wasnt legal drinking age but my grandpa would sneak me some samples. Their use to be a cool little arcade there too but I think it closed a while ago.

Reactions: 5Cent

Dannmann801

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Springboro
If you're gonna go that far up, you might as well plan on taking a little side trip another 45 mins north to Pinconning MI and visit Northwoods Outlet sporting goods store. Just sayin.....

If you're gonna go that far up, you might as well plan on taking a little side trip another 45 mins north to Pinconning MI and visit Northwoods Outlet sporting goods store. Just sayin.....
All the years I've lived in Michigan I have yet to make it there!! Been to both Jay's Sporting Goods in Clare and Gaylord but never Northwoods. Gonna have to keep that in mind.