Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Fletch's 2023 Black Bear Season....

Fletch

Supporting Member
Ok... Almost mid-day here in the bear woods... Little nippy with the breeze... So yesterday after I drove Jon to another spot for the afternoon I brought in more donuts for his am sit today... Upon his arrival this morning all donuts were gone. So he sat there for awhile and decided to come sit where I was since I get some daytime activity... After awhile I told him I'm going for coffee... Brought him back a nice hot cup of coffee and a hot chicken chipotle sub.... ( After all isn't that what an outfitter would do for his high paying clientele )
PXL_20231013_143618485.jpg

"J"

Git Off My Lawn
Supporting Member
North Carolina
Ok... Almost mid-day here in the bear woods... Little nippy with the breeze... So yesterday after I drove Jon to another spot for the afternoon I brought in more donuts for his am sit today... Upon his arrival this morning all donuts were gone. So he sat there for awhile and decided to come sit where I was since I get some daytime activity... After awhile I told him I'm going for coffee... Brought him back a nice hot cup of coffee and a hot chicken chipotle sub.... ( After all isn't that what an outfitter would do for his high paying clientele )View attachment 185890
Jon’s like a stray dog, you feed him once, you’ll never get rid of him, Rich…..

Fletch

Supporting Member
Well.... The TOO bear hunt is officially over... It's raining and the boys have thrown in the towel and are currently pulling a stand and checking out of their motel... I believe they had a great time and looking forward to coming back next year... They are welcome to also come back the first week of Dec. when bear season resumes along with our buck season... But that's up to them... So final score was bears = 9 TOO members = 0... The hunted ended on a sour note for Jon with him having a misfire on a bear broadside at 12 yds. yesterday...Gun sounded like a bottle rocket... He hit bear but I'm not sure how much slug penetrated as no blood found and we did grid searches for bear with nothing... He started the morning at another spot and we both decided he should come sit in my spot as it had daytime activity... ( And for the naysayers this spotted was a last minute spot I would hunt... Their spots were being wiped out faster than I could rebait... So it WAS NOT a special spot I reserved for myself.. They were in the best spots... Just asked Jon as he bumped into a guy that found my camera and told Jon he was in a GREAT SPOT...) Jon will fill everyone in when he has time... I had a great time with these gentlemen and look forward to hunting with them again... On a side note... Dan saw a little eatery that had a sign out front that said: BEST FRENCH TOAST IN THE NATION.... So Dan had to try it today for breakfast....
PXL_20231014_150351564.jpg