Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

EPE'S Hunting Log

epe

Lancaster
Keep us posted! I need to know if the rut is heating up? I went to high school in Perry County. LOTS of big deer around there and Lancaster.

Just lost the use of a 660 acre lease in Perry county. I can tell you Nothing is going on in this location yet...

epe

Lancaster
In the rut spot again this morning. Saw a 8 pt leaving a cornfield about a 1/2 mile from here on the drive in. Saw a doe on the walk up the hill, about 7 yards off the trail.

epe

Lancaster
Slow so far. A doe fawn by herself and the same 5pt. I am hoping the fawn's mama is being chased.
Update.....

DAMN!!! While writing this I hear deer running behind me, can see them out of the corner of my eye. Get all excited thinking it is doe being chased by two bucks... Well it is a 5 and a 6pt chasing a half rack.. Grrr. I got some gay ass deer here.

tritonbill

NE Ohio
not sure, still out here and I think the warm weather has them bedding.

I did see some chasing on both sides of the farm the past couple days.

epe

Lancaster
Back at the same spot as this morning. Dad just saw 2 does come out of a thicket bedding area, slowly followed by a small buck..

epe

Lancaster
Back in the funnel again. Saw a doe on the walk in. Had a button buck at 5 yards last night. I can hear turkeys over by dad right now...

saddlepants

central Ohio
Good luck man, I couldnt get up. spent all day at the hosp yesterday and couldnt sleep from 3 am, hope to get out tonight - damn Im missin out on mornings

epe

Lancaster
Back at the rut spot. Early on saw a group of 4 does and a loner with nothing following :( later on had a doe come in with a buck way behind. She got 30 yards downwind, didn't like something, and took off. Buck saw her running, and chased her. Later on had a good buck grunting and chasing a doe. While they were back behind me a ways, I had a Big buck, go down the valley below me. Couldn't turn him. Loooked to be about 150 10pt.. Please come back!

epe

Lancaster
In the same spot again, as it seems to be the hot spot. At least two different bucks cruising in the distance, one working a scrape.

finelyshedded

You know what!!!
Supporting Member
SW Ohio
Sounds like you're in the right area but can you relocate to where most of the buck activity is or is it too risky? Hang in there, that 10 pt. will slip up soon. Goodluck!

epe

Lancaster
Sounds like you're in the right area but can you relocate to where most of the buck activity is or is it too risky? Hang in there, that 10 pt. will slip up soon. Goodluck!

The bucks from last night were running the property line. Yesterday morning all the bucks came from different directions. The first one was coming on my trail but chased the doe that took off. The 10pt took the lower trail instead of the high one which put him about 60 yards out.

epe

Lancaster
Just had a wide 8 come cruising thru. Was on a different path again. That makes at least the 11th different buck in 6 days hunting this stand.

epe

Lancaster
Had the local 5pt come back. Had two does and a fawn come running thru earlier. Figured a buck was chasing them. Nothing ever showed :(