Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Curran's 2016 Outside Stuff and Whatnot

Curran

Supporting Member
Central Ohio
Made it to the woods today for the first sit of the season. I had a young buck work through at about 8:00 am but nothing else after that. I hunted until 10:00 then climbed down, checked cameras and headed home.

I love this tree because I hang my stand right where two branches split off the trunk. This is the trident stand.

The acorns were raining down this morning and the squirrels were busy all morning jumping from tree to tree.

I drove to the opposite end of the property and checked a second camera where I have pics of the good buck. He's still hanging out but staying on the edge. There's a scrape where the buck is that I moved this camera to. Hopefully more close up pics to come.

Some other trail cam pics that I thought were cool. This one because the deer just made me think pbbbbbbbttttttt.

And this one because the buck in the back is framed almost perfectly in the younger buck's antlers.

It's still really green but signs of fall are starting to show. The tree in the center is starting to turn. It won't be long...

Last edited:

Curran

Supporting Member
Central Ohio
Thanks guys. That's really the only good buck I've seen on camera all year. There's a bunch of youngsters running around which is good for future years as long as I can keep permission here. I'm glad that the big guy is still hanging in the area. He'll get all of my attention unless something else cruises by. Hoping I can get a wind coming from the north so I can get in and hunt the stand near that camera.

quackaholic

Hey buddy!! How the hell are ya?

You know I'll be whipping up some goose balls this season. Watching a few dozen pike into a field tonight. Gotta wait a few more weeks to get on them.

Doing good. Looking forward to Ohio in a few weeks. Goose season here was a bust. fields didn't get cut in time. Thought of you last week. Had to send my daughter your recipe.

Curran

Supporting Member
Central Ohio
By far the best hunt of the season so far. The deer were on their feet all morning. Scraping activity has really picked up and the corn i starting to come down. All together I saw 10 does, 1 confirmed buck and 1 possible buck before good light to see.

Between family obligations and waiting for the right wind I hadn't hunted this stand for 9 days. It's killing me to have to wait to get back in here again.

Hard to beat sunrises from the stand...

e_DSC_0022 by Sean Curran, on Flickr

Does on parade...

e_DSC_0016 by Sean Curran, on Flickr

This guy is starting to feel it. He was harassing the ladies...

e_DSC_0032 by Sean Curran, on Flickr

Fall. Good timing...

e_DSC_0045 by Sean Curran, on Flickr

Curran

Supporting Member
Central Ohio
Took a break from bowhunting to go shoot some birds. The morning wasn't as good as I thought it would be but I still left with dinner. Only four birds came in all morning. I batted.500 so I guess that's good.

Obligatory sunrise and decoy picture...

e_DSC_0195 by Sean Curran, on Flickr

One bird down...

e_DSC_0220 by Sean Curran, on Flickr

Timber waiting on the next retrieve...

e_DSC_0225 by Sean Curran, on Flickr

I don't know if there is a better looking bird than a drake wood duck...

e_DSC_0274 by Sean Curran, on Flickr

e_DSC_0261 by Sean Curran, on Flickr