Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Covid vaccine

Geezer II

Bountiful Hunting Grounds Beyond.
portage county oh
So what if they make it mandatory. Want too board a plane, train, bus, ship? Show the Proof you’ve had it....
Want too go too the Caribbean? Europe? Canada? Alaska? Show it...

How’s that affect your decision?
Or maybe added to your kids school shots

Geezer II

portage county oh
Or maybe added to your kids school shots
There were 14 diseases that were brought under control from polio to diphteria by vaccines - remember these iron lungs
polio-patient-iron-lung.jpeg

Last edited:

brock ratcliff

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Personally, I don’t trust Bill Gates. He’s got his hands in this crap somehow. The man accused of being involved in the creation of the disease has no business selling the cure.

Jamie

Ohio
yes, I'll go with the science, too. which is why I don't need a vaccine for this or any other strain of influenza. not saying I'll never need one, but I'd prefer to allow my body to heal itself for as long as possible. you know, "that which does not kill me only makes me stronger."

in my mind, unqualified people talking shit isn't the problem. I can happily ignore people that I recognize as simply having an opinion or an agenda. "Qualified" people talking shit is the problem I have with this.

Geezer II

portage county oh
yes, I'll go with the science, too. which is why I don't need a vaccine for this or any other strain of influenza. not saying I'll never need one, but I'd prefer to allow my body to heal itself for as long as possible. you know, "that which does not kill me only makes me stronger."

in my mind, unqualified people talking shit isn't the problem. I can happily ignore people that I recognize as simply having an opinion or an agenda. "Qualified" people talking shit is the problem I have with this.
Yep hard to sort them out

Snyder10

So what if they make it mandatory. Want too board a plane, train, bus, ship? Show the Proof you’ve had it....
Want too go too the Caribbean? Europe? Canada? Alaska? Show it...

How’s that affect your decision?

I thought about this scenario when it all started. I can see them making the vaccine mandatory (or showing proof that youve had it) just like they do in Health care. Actually kind of pisses me off the my wife is forced to take the flu shot, but has yet to take a COVID test.

If this is the future, Im glad I already had the Rona

Wildlife

Denny
Supporting Member
Ross County, Ohio
Not a chance in hell would I accept a vaccine to be injected into my body from anyone no matter the circumstances.

I shared a little bit of my personal thoughts about this in the following thread months ago. Just click the link below if you wish to find out what I posted about it back then if you'd like:

2019-nCoV (Coronavirus)

I have in my procession a huge amount of data regarding much of the history of vaccines, human health and health studies, medical ethics and standards, health safety reports, historical government filed documents, legal court documents with judgments, documentary films, decades of news stories and news articles, medical journals, medical peer reviews and studies, authored medical books by leading experts within the field of medicine, biology, virology, so on and so forth, a lot of pharmaceutical drug information, charts and reports, patient testimonial reports and videos along with many other forms and/or types of information pertaining to either vaccines, human physiology, human conditioning, herd immunity, effective therapeutic medical drugs, prescribed doses, procedures, natural herbs, vitamins, physical exercise, diet regiments and much more that would make a person's head explode.

Trust me, I do not care to rehash the vaccine debate. The way I see it, an individual has the right to choose what is right for themselves and not to be mandated by any group whatsoever. Besides, if the vaccine works, then why should someone that's vaccinated care if someone else is not vaccinate, right?

Anyhow, I took it upon myself to learn as much as I could over the past year. I have what I would consider a decent size library of adequate medical information for most any-kind of situation life may present in the future.

If something interest me enough, then I make the time and do my own research. This is one of those things.

For me, becoming better educated on this particular topic has no doubt empowered me to make the best informed decision for my life and the ones that I love and care about.

Good luck figuring out what is best for you!

‘Urgent’ request sent to states in push for coronavirus vaccine delivery by Nov. 1

SEPTEMBER 02, 2020 03:00 AM

WASHINGTON

Dr. Robert Redfield, director of the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, sent a letter last week to the nation’s governors with an urgent request. The Trump administration wanted them to do everything in their power to eliminate hurdles for vaccine distribution sites to be fully operational by Nov. 1.

The Aug. 27 letter, obtained by McClatchy, asked governors to fast-track permits and licenses for new distribution sites. “The normal time required to obtain these permits presents a significant barrier to the success of this urgent public health program,” Redfield wrote.

“CDC urgently requests your assistance in expediting applications for these distribution facilities,” he continued, “and, if necessary, asks that you consider waiving requirements that would prevent these facilities from becoming fully operational by November 1, 2020.”

“The requirements you may be asked to waive in order to expedite vaccine distribution will not compromise the safety or integrity of the products being distributed,” he added.

It was the latest hurried federal request of state governments to prepare for the arrival of a vaccine for COVID-19, the pandemic disease that has killed roughly 185,000 Americans.

Last month, Dr. Nancy Messonnier, a top CDC official working on the federal coronavirus response, warned that state public health departments are “running out of time” to draft plans for the distribution of COVID-19 vaccines – and requested states submit proposals by Oct. 1.

Delivery firms have received guidance from Trump administration officials to prepare freezer farms in the heartland and get ready to load vaccines onto trucks no later than Nov. 1.

The rush is putting pressure on state health systems already strapped for resources – and appears out of sync with the progress of ongoing clinical trials for coronavirus vaccines, which are still recruiting volunteers who will test the safety and effectiveness of the drugs.

Some supply chain experts are expressing concern that Trump administration officials with “Operation Warp Speed,” the federal program accelerating vaccine development, have failed to adequately communicate the responsibilities that state and local governments will take on once the logistically demanding task of distributing a COVID-19 vaccine is upon them.

“At this point, we should know much more about what the intended distribution system looks like, and what the plan is,” said Dr. Julie Swann, head of the Department of Industrial and Systems Engineering at North Carolina State University and an adviser to the CDC during its response to the H1N1 pandemic in 2009.

The first vaccines most likely to emerge from Phase III clinical trials will pose exceptional challenges to public health officials, requiring storage in sub-zero temperatures and two doses per individual spread weeks apart.

Others have expressed concern that the timeline set out by Operation Warp Speed – setting a deadline that would offer the first vaccines to Americans just days before the presidential election – is motivated by politics over science.

Warp Speed officials have told reporters to expect an “overwhelming” public messaging campaign come November. And at the Republican National Convention last week, President Donald Trump, Vice President Mike Pence, and White House senior adviser and the president’s daughter Ivanka Trump all touted the Warp Speed program, claiming a vaccine could be approved before the end of the year.

Wes Wheeler, president of UPS Healthcare, said in an interview that guidance from the administration is to be ready to put the vaccine on trucks by Nov. 1. “It will be preceded by a practice run – we’re talking about having early discussions in September and October about how this will actually work,” he said.

“I think we’ll all be given instructions on how it will work – we haven’t seen that yet,” Wheeler said. “They’re talking about ten million doses in November.”

Dr. Larry Corey, who is co-leading the coronavirus vaccine clinical trials for the COVID-19 Prevention Network under the National Institutes of Health, told McClatchy this week that he does not expect results from the trials to be ready for approval or delivery by that time.

“All the trials are designed, if everything goes well, to get an answer about seven months from the time that the trial starts,” Corey said. “Vaccines with 90% efficacy will give a readout sooner than with 50% efficacy, but I would still say that it would require probably the difference between five months and seven months.”

The first Phase III trial began in mid-July, making it extremely unlikely his team could fully enroll the volunteers, provide each volunteer with two doses, track their progress and reach conclusions by November, Corey said.

“It’s incredibly important for our country and the world to know which vaccine works, how well it works,” said Corey, a virologist at Fred Hutchinson Cancer Research Center. “They look like they’re going terrifically well, and what we need is to let science take over, because without that, we have no public policy.”

READ MORE: https://www.sacbee.com/news/coronavirus/article245406245.html

-----------------------------------------------------------------------
States have authority to fine or jail people who refuse coronavirus vaccine, attorney says

Legal precedent dates back to 1905

https://www.abc15.com/news/local-ne...-who-refuse-coronavirus-vaccine-attorney-says

Wildlife

Denny
Supporting Member
Ross County, Ohio
Strange, I just received this email as I was responding to this thread. Felt that is was worth sharing.

Mike DeWine, GovernorThomas J. Stickrath, Director Jon Husted, Lt. GovernorRobert L. Wagoner, Interim Executive Director

To: Ohio EMS providers, EMS agencies, and EMS medical directorsFrom: Carol A. Cunningham, M.D., FAAEM, FAEMS State Medical DirectorDate: September 2, 2020RE:Vaccination Administration by Ohio EMS Providers

Vaccination is a critical action to prevent the acquisition and spread of disease. In Ohio, our EMS providers have repeatedly demonstrated that we are a vital sector of the healthcare system.

I am happy to inform you that the State Board of Emergency, Medical, Fire, and Transportation Services (EMFTS Board) passed the following motion on August 19, 2020:

The Board recognizes that EMS certificate holders are permitted to administer vaccinations so long as the route of administration is within the scope of practice and the certificate holder administers the vaccine pursuant to medical direction and training on the specific vaccine, which includes adherence to the recommendations and instructions of the Food and Drug Administration.

As highlighted by the current COVID-19 pandemic, our healthcare system resources are finite. Initiatives that prevent avoidable hospitalizations, including immunization against infectious diseases, enhances the surge capacity of our hospitals. This fall, the influenza season will intersect with the ongoing COVID-19 pandemic. Although Ohio’s public health emergency was declared due to the COVID-19 virus, an influenza outbreak would most certainly hamper our healthcare systems’ response to the pandemic and decrease hospital bed capacity.

The EMFTS Board’s motion will allow all EMS providers to administer the influenza vaccine according to the requirements and parameters stated. If developed, it will also allow EMS providers to administer a COVID-19 vaccine. In the future, our nation may be threatened by a different set of pathogens; however, this action taken by the EMFTS Board has ensured that Ohio EMS will be authorized to participate in the imperative public health mission of vaccination administration.

Thank you for your dedicated service to the State of Ohio and to Ohio EMS. As part of your mission to stay safe and healthy, please get vaccinated!

finelyshedded

You know what!!!
Supporting Member
SW Ohio
Well we didn't have the internet then so i don't know - will go with the science - politics has a heavy cloud hanging over this - lot of unqualified people talking shit

What’s FUGGED up is theres just as many in science saying the exact opposite as those in science saying things should stay shutdown. 🤷🏻‍♂️
I can’t stand the ad I see on Fox that has several scientists promoting science stating that science is “how we make things better!” REALLY?!?!?🤔
It was science that got us in the shitshow to begin with!!!! How China isn’t being torn to shreds in ANY of our major news forums is beyond me! How many SARS viruses has China developed and LET get out so far?!?!🤔. Who takes a animal to animal transmitted virus and TRIES to alter it so it can be transmitted to humans? EVIL, that’s who!

hickslawns

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
Maybe it wasn't China? I'm at the point that our government has botched this so bad, I wouldn't doubt if they did it and are blaming China. I genuinely do not know who to believe. It is like the carnival house with all the mirrors. "There's the culprit! Oh wait, no, that was another mirror."

No vaccine for me. Don't get flu shot. Did it once. Got flu terrible bad. Never had flu shot since. Haven't had the flu. 2-3 years ago the wife had worst flu ever. She's never been so sick in our 21-22 years together. Doc got her meds and out the kids on something to act like profalactic. Asked if I wanted it. Nope. Both kids ALSO got the flu pretty bad.

Same with poison ivy. I have it now. Had people say to eat some leaves. Heck no. That's asking for it internally. It is like sticking a dildo up your anus to avoid getting butt raped. Duh. You just butt raped yourself.