Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Covid vaccinations

Snyder10

Do you natural immunity guys get tested to see if you got the antibodies ? I got the jab and booster ,Pfizer, - never been tested - wtf
I was donating blood through the Red Cross religiously for a year after I had Covid bc they would test antibodies each time. For a year I was positive for antibodies then something strange happened. My mother went to donate blood and they told her they no longer were testing the antibodies. I figured she misunderstood them so I called the Red Cross. Sure as shit, they stopped testing bc “they no longer needed blood (plasma) from the donors”. So, when “delta” was at an all time high, they no longer need blood?!?! Want to guess what kind of email I get daily? “We are at an all-time low for blood donation. CRISIS.” Etc..
These people literally told me they didn’t need to take in donor blood. Personally, I think they’re afraid to see how many people have developed antibodies 🤷🏻‍♂️

Jackalope

Dignitary Member
Staff member
Fingers crossed that in a few weeks Omicron squeezes out all other variants and it is truly found to be the step down from pandemic to endemic.

This is really the only hope. A very infectious but rather harmless variant spreads quickly and burns out deadlier but less infectious variants. This will never go away but hopefully it just ends up like the common cold.

Jackalope

Dignitary Member
Staff member
I was donating blood through the Red Cross religiously for a year after I had Covid bc they would test antibodies each time. For a year I was positive for antibodies then something strange happened. My mother went to donate blood and they told her they no longer were testing the antibodies. I figured she misunderstood them so I called the Red Cross. Sure as shit, they stopped testing bc “they no longer needed blood (plasma) from the donors”. So, when “delta” was at an all time high, they no longer need blood?!?! Want to guess what kind of email I get daily? “We are at an all-time low for blood donation. CRISIS.” Etc..
These people literally told me they didn’t need to take in donor blood. Personally, I think they’re afraid to see how many people have developed antibodies 🤷🏻‍♂️

It wasn't so much that they didn't need it. It was that the antibody test wasn't advanced enough to distinguish between natural and vaccinated immunity. They were after natural immunity individuals to concentrate plasma, vaccinated plasma wasn't effective enough. As vaccination rates rose the supply became watered down. Luckily it wasn't too long after that they came out with the synthetic antibody infusions.

Jackalope

Dignitary Member
Staff member
--
Well I wonder if they tracked it ,like they should, they could possibly use antibodies in the natural immunity folks to help develop better vaccines - IDK

Big pharma has no reason to create a more effective vaccine. They've got people on a subscription based service plan now. One year in and we're on shot 3 with discussion about number 4.

Snyder10

It wasn't so much that they didn't need it. It was that the antibody test wasn't advanced enough to distinguish between natural and vaccinated immunity. They were after natural immunity individuals to concentrate plasma, vaccinated plasma wasn't effective enough. As vaccination rates rose the supply became watered down. Luckily it wasn't too long after that they came out with the synthetic antibody infusions.
So why aren’t they using these infusions? Why are we just sending Covid patients home with oxygen and nothing else?

The testing from day 1 has been flawed, which I think is the most frustrating part. Unless every persons blood is sent out and extensively tested, I don’t think assuming people are Covid-19, delta, or omnicron positive is the answer

hickslawns

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
Divide the people by race and income inequalities. Destroy the value of the dollar. Next up: full on government mandates over basic rights. Want to destroy the country? Sure seems like they do.

Curran

Supporting Member
Central Ohio
I was doing the same thing. My antibodies were present almost for a full year when they stopped the testing. I stopped donating. Maybe I will donate again at some point because I believe it is a good cause (saving lives and stuff), but I'm certainly not scheduling as regularly as I once was.

Curran

Supporting Member
Central Ohio
Maybe this was already posted earlier, but the Joe Rogan podcast with Dr. Peter McCullough was extremely informative. Not only is Dr. McCullough brilliant, he is able to articulate information so a dummy like me can comprehend it.

Give it a listen with an open mind.

Wildlife

Denny
Supporting Member
Ross County, Ohio
I typed this up the other day, but was hesitate afterwards in sharing it because it is rather personal, but since this thread popped up again, I just thought to myself, "what the hell, go for it!".

Please understand that the following is of my own personal thoughts, opinions and experiences so, please DO NOT take anything said as any sort of expert authority or direction on this specific topic matter, thank you!

I know that I have recently said in the other main CV thread that I was done with this topic, which I truly am, but I just wanted to share my most latest observation with you all, which was from last night while sitting at a packed bar with my wife, who does have underlying health conditions, and both of us completely enjoyed being among fellow patrons watching Sunday Night football, striking up casual conversations with strangers, and drinking among many friendlies.

The only person that was wearing anything that possibly resembled a face mask was an old man wearing a pirate eye patch and that was it. Apparently, he must be blind in that eye. Everyone else at the bar was shoulder to shoulder having what seemed to be a real good time, including my wife and I.

Now, to me, I took it all in as a real sense of normalcy once again in my life, being a part of that kind of atmosphere while in a real public setting. It rejuvenated my soul completely and I feel great today because of it!

I WOULD NOT trade last night for any other over the last two years since the government imposed/mandated restrictions onto us supposed free Americans.

Health choices are very personal, which is American thing too, at least, that’s the way it was before 2020 as I recall.

If I were to get sick from this CV thing today, let it be known that I have already prepared myself by acquiring all the necessary items needed that will help assist me in hopefully getting through it without too much difficultly, but if it was to turn out to be for the worst, then so be it. I made that choice a long time ago, at least a year ago.

I DO NOT judge others in my life in what they feel they must do to live freely, and I now only offer my opinions/advice to them if they were to ask first, but here I am sharing with you all once again.

Please understand that I truly care, and I DO NOT believe that anyone needs to listen to what I am saying or sharing. It’s more of a take or leave it thing, and that’s the way it should be taken, I hope.

I love all my family, friends, and pretty much all good people in general. I have gone out of my way throughout my life helping others far more than ever receiving, which makes me feel worthy in my life.

I’ve been very blessed several times over, and I simply refuse to comply in what I am fully aware is being forced, or implied/manipulated by the woke crowd of today’s society, media personalities, and elected government officials, and/or just those that cannot seem to grasp the idea of the American spirit and/or the true tenacity of working through life’s most difficult curveballs.

Let this be understood, I am NOT a documented health educated expert however, I have studied and researched for countless hours regarding this whole CV topic, and it is of my belief today that I am fully informed and truly able to make the choice of how I wish to live out the rest of my days within this world, which I am completely doing without hesitation or regret.

I am a reasonable and responsible person, and I fully accept what actions or inactions that I take within my life. I WILL NOT blame others if I were to become ill with CV, and I will do what I feel is most appropriate TO NOT transmit any illness of mine onto others.

My wife’s sister is currently infected with CV, and got it from her husband, which he is the brewery owner of the place I frequent often in town. He got through the illness just fine. Both are unvaccinated. He’s in his late 30’s and his wife is in her early 40’s and they have a young daughter that HAS NOT contracted the illness as of yet anyways. They test regularly, daily.

My wife and I over the past two weeks have brought them food, medicine and offered up any advice when asked, which they do ask and have accepted. My wife’s sister is feeling much better currently today but, has yet to be totally CV free according to the self-test that she purchased from a local pharmacy.

I can go on sharing more on this topic going all the way back to slightly before the pandemic was officially declared, however I won’t. I have considered a couple of times of documenting all of that I know and have experienced since late 2019, and I still just might do that, as for my own reference at least, and potentially for others as well if interested. I am still weighing out the idea.

Again, I have studied and researched this whole CV and all the political situations from all different angles, and that is why I have moved way beyond today’s media’s coverage and government narratives regarding it all. I DO NOT believe in any of them for a minute and WILL NOT follow any of their recommendations and/or suggestions, however I still listen occasionally and will take whatever information they offer up under some sort of tiny advisement, just like before, during the prepandemic days.

I do apologize for what I just shared of being kind of lengthy. I can honestly say from my heart that it does sadden me to see and hear of all those that have been negatively impacted by the whole situation. I consider most members here to be real good people and always trying to do the right thing, which I fully appreciate. This community is one that I do fully appreciate on several different levels, and I can only hope that my sharing can too be appreciated by some.

Thanks for allowing me to spew out my latest life experience with you all and please don’t feel that you must respond to me, I just simply cared to share, that’s all, not implying anything by it whatsoever other than my own personable health and life choices.

I really do not like discussing these things in an open forum really and I truly do believe that China and several other evil political characters/entities are complete and fully responsible for the CV outbreak, which I hope that each will brought to justice at some point before I depart from this beloved world of ours.

Thanks for reading and do take good care, sincerely!

Just a real quick follow up regarding my wife's sister, brother in-law and their young daughter. As of yesterday afternoon, all three of them are CV free, confirmed by testing negative. All three of them feel much, much better and are headed towards a complete and full recovery according to the very latest conversation with them last night.

All of the family is very pleased by the news and we all look forward to spending the Christmas holiday together once again as we always have each year.

Thanks once again for allowing me to share just a small portion of my world with you all!

Quantum673

Black Hat Cajun
Supporting Member
Are those school closings due to Covid sickness or just general illness?

I can tell you that there is a nasty cold going around as well. We had 14 out of 27 wrestlers out sick Tuesday from our High School Teams. All were same symptoms runny nose, coughing and sneezing, and felt puny. All were Covid negative. My wife and I are both fighting the same thing.

If it is just the nasty cold that is going around I bet the media will just lump it together so everyone assumes it is Covid.

Geezer II

Bountiful Hunting Grounds Beyond.
portage county oh
Are those school closings due to Covid sickness or just general illness?

I can tell you that there is a nasty cold going around as well. We had 14 out of 27 wrestlers out sick Tuesday from our High School Teams. All were same symptoms runny nose, coughing and sneezing, and felt puny. All were Covid negative. My wife and I are both fighting the same thing.

If it is just the nasty cold that is going around I bet the media will just lump it together so everyone assumes it is Covid.
IDK - news just said staff called off sick - too early to know what it is

Last edited: