Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

College Football Thread

Jackalope

Dignitary Member
Staff member
I JUST SAW A TITTY! Not one I wanted to see but hey that's bourbon st for ya. Whose idea was it to do a downtown shot! 🤣🤣🤣🤣 Also mom of the year there with that stroller. 🤣

20240101_222528.jpg

hickslawns

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
I was ready to call it a night and hit the sack. Looked like Washington had it wrapped up. Texas defense got a little fire in them and now they've scored again. Guess I'm watching this to the end. I was ready to count out Texas a couple times. Penix looks like he doesn't have to put much effort into sending a ball 50+yds. Dude has a cannon. Ewers looks fairly calm under pressure as well. Wonder how many more OSU QBs are going to go on to other schools and do well. 🤦🏻‍♂️🤦🏻‍♂️🤦🏻‍♂️🤣

Reactions: Jackalope

Jackalope

Dignitary Member
Staff member
I was ready to call it a night and hit the sack. Looked like Washington had it wrapped up. Texas defense got a little fire in them and now they've scored again. Guess I'm watching this to the end. I was ready to count out Texas a couple times. Penix looks like he doesn't have to put much effort into sending a ball 50+yds. Dude has a cannon. Ewers looks fairly calm under pressure as well. Wonder how many more OSU QBs are going to go on to other schools and do well. 🤦🏻‍♂️🤦🏻‍♂️🤦🏻‍♂️🤣

Texas has some drive for sure but they're obviously outclassed by Washington. This is Washingtons national title to lose. Such a well rounded team with clockwork execution.

hickslawns

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
Had a shot all the way to the final second. That was a ball game to watch. I was sort of rooting for Texas to be honest. I like an underdog.

Reactions: finelyshedded

finelyshedded

You know what!!!
Supporting Member
SW Ohio
Texas has some drive for sure but they're obviously outclassed by Washington. This is Washingtons national title to lose. Such a well rounded team with clockwork execution.
Washington HC kinda got too conservative with the playing calling and the dolt running into the player catching the punt hurt bigtime. Plus the RB getting hurt didn’t help either. I wish they’d vote for the Heisman after the Natty cuz Penix would have won it if they win out IMO. Daniels is great player but Penix is playing the whole season and in the biggest games.

hickslawns

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
Never paid any attention. I had one friend who thought Texas was going to dominate the rest of the way out. Everyone else seemed to think Washington had a cake walk. 🤷🏻‍♂️

hickslawns

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
Washington defense didn't look overly impressive in the first round. I say whichever defense comes to play should see a win. Hate to say it but I think the Wolverines have a shot.

Reactions: Tipmoose

finelyshedded

You know what!!!
Supporting Member
SW Ohio
Go WASHINGTON!!! Like Penix as a person and player,(my choice for Heisman if I had a pick, lol), the real deal! Hope they win big or small MUCK FICHIGAN!!!😎

My prediction/analysis:

Penix legs are too much for TTUN to contain and his pinpoint accuracy advances the sticks and tilts the TOP in Huskys favor. Huskys win in close game 27-24.

Last edited:

Jackalope

Dignitary Member
Staff member
Penix legs are too much for TTUN to contain and his pinpoint accuracy advances the sticks and tilts the TOP in Huskys favor. Huskys win in close game 27-24.

Yep. Not just pinpoint but that boy is fast on the read. Defense gets rather nullified if the ball is in and out of the pocket in a split second. I bet washington nickel and dimes them on a bunch of quick throws.

Reactions: finelyshedded