Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Cellular Cams..

Fletch

Supporting Member
Another new buck... Getting better, big body but weak right side.... Needs 2 more years....
IMG_20191020_183451_01.jpg

Fletch

Supporting Member
2 years? You have a 6 year old minimum?
Jessee not sure he's 4 years old... Points are short on right side... Pic was on friends cam I'll see if he has more... We are hoping for something in 160s or better off that farm this year...

epe

Lancaster
We have been running spypoints. Switched over to external batteries. Have had good luck so far. Just had a couple of new bucks show up over the last couple of days, but at night. No real daytime movement except for the does.

Reactions: bowhunter1023

bowhunter1023

Owner/Operator
Staff member
Appalachia
I have a Spypoint Link-Micro showing up Monday. I decided to buy one after lots of research, plus taking into consideration input from you all vs. price/plan. With it being in a high-traffic area, theft is a real possibility, so I wanted to minimize my losses if that happens. And for what I had set aside for one, if this one works well, I can have two instead of one and only be out $20-25 more. If things go well, I will certainly have another by the time the late season rolls around.

Reactions: Big_Holla

Snyder10

bowhunter, I have the same camera and have liked it so far except for right now. Actually I have had the issue twice now where it would not get past the "Connecting" page to view photos. The first time was a maintenance issue, this time not so sure but its been going on for over a day now. Anyone else have this problem?

Creamer

Athens
2 years? You have a 6 year old minimum?

I'm with Jesse, I don't think 2 more years will do much for him. And with the mass he's got (body and antler), I would not guess he's young. They aren't all going to get to 160. But, everyone has their goals. Yours aren't mine and mine aren't yours.

I've been following this one for a while, I want to pick up a cellular cam for next year. I'm very interested to hear how the Spypoint Micro performs.

Reactions: WoodCoDep

Fletch

Supporting Member
Creamer,,, I gotta agree with you on his age and his future antler growth.... I doubt he's going to get a heck of alot bigger in 2 years....As for cameras, like I have said before don't think you can go wrong with a Spartan... Guess it depends on which one floats your boat and your budget...Good Luck with your choice....

Snyder10

bowhunter, I have the same camera and have liked it so far except for right now. Actually I have had the issue twice now where it would not get past the "Connecting" page to view photos. The first time was a maintenance issue, this time not so sure but its been going on for over a day now. Anyone else have this problem?

Update: it was another "maintenance" issue that Spypoint had to fix..