Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Canada geese

GoetsTalon

Supporting Member
Walbridge oh
Sky carp. I agree should be like coyotes and ground hogs. Only close the season during deer gun. I have no issues with the true migratory geese. It is the local population of geese that are the problem.

Last edited:
I've been fishing at the Maumee River and the geese there are so brave that they'll stand their ground, give you a look as you walk by at less that 6'. :rolleyes: I may keep this place in mind, come goose season. :unsure: While I'm standing there with a fishing rod in my hand, I can't help thinking of how many of them I could kill if I had my Versa Max in my hands. :cool:

I fillet the breast meat off of them, cut it into 1" cubes, throw them into a crock pot with potatoes, carrots and onions. Cook it for 7 hours and you can't tell it from beef stew. (y) Same texture, color and taste....therefore why I've called them flying beef. :)

As for being Federally protected, is BS. :cautious:

Reactions: Bigcountry40

Bigcountry40

Sky carp. I agree should be like coyotes and ground hogs. Only close the season during deer gun. I have no issues with the true migratory geese. It is the local population of geese that are the problem.
It’s actually pretty impressive how these animals have learned to adapt to modern eco systems. We have destroyed natural wetlands, tile every piece of tillable land and have created man made ponds in all the cities and suburbs. I agree on the open season. Also why do I need to use steel shot to goose hunt in the same field I rabbit hunt in ? 🤔