Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Buckmaster's Hunting Log

hickslawns

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
My 8yr old asked me if I would take him with me tonight. Broke my heart to say no. Looks like the buddy stand I have hung might get hunted more this year. Might have to pop a blind out as well.

Hoytmania

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Gods Country
That is the best Ben! Nothing like getting them out there when they are young. There will be plenty of deer for them when they are a little older. Just getting them out there to experience what we love will plant the seeds.

Buckmaster

Portage
Update: Brendan's still insistant that I take him again this weekend. He wants to get his Deer Meat. I need some reassurance in him that we travel 115 miles one way from home for 3 days he won't need his Mommy. He says he's "OK" with that. Once we head to camp Friday afternoon we are not coming home until Sunday.

So far it's Me, Brendan, Scott, and Ron at Deer Camp this upcoming weekend. Back to the ground blinds with Brendan with hopes to get him his deer meat. He cracks me up. :pickle:

hickslawns

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
Soak it all up brother! Next thing you know he will be going thru puberty and chasing the other white tail. You will wish he was in the blind with you as a 4yr old again. Ask Hoytmania. Keep planting the seed and watch it grow!

Buckmaster

Portage
Keep planting the seed and watch it grow!

That is exactly what I'm doing. I'd be foolish to say "No, you need to stay home."

Worst case, by the end of season I may have to bum for some deer meat but that is fine with me.

The time is now for putting other's first.

RedCloud

Super Moderator
Super Mod
North Central Ohio
Pretty cool stuff Ben.

Had my son ask me to take him with me as I was going out this evening but I have no stands or blinds to sneak him into. I will fix that for our Friday hunting trip :).

Can't wait to see if your son gets his deer meat in the next update man. Good times you all are having.

Buckmaster

Portage
Well, well, well, look what we have here.

Attachments

• Blood Trail 1.jpg
    Blood Trail 1.jpg
    217.1 KB · Views: 206