Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Blast from our past

Fullbore

South Eastern Ohio
I remember Rics hunt for Quads like it was yesterday. We were hunting about 3 miles apart that evening. It was getting dark so I bail out of my stand and headed for my truck. After a 500 yard walk up that fuggin bill. I see Rick standing by the truck with his arms up and a big smile on his face, you could see his smile from 30 yards in the dark.lol. He started babbling about 10points , long tines , spread. I said slow down. Then he proceeded to tell me that he actually videoed his own recovery and did a play by play account of his hunt on camera by himself. He was so excited when he lead me down to where Quads was laying. When we got too him , I was elated to say the least. My first words were " he's Buckeye Big Buck "!!! Ric's response was " you think ". Lol. It was absolutely one of my most memorable days of hunting in my life. That, my fellow TOOZERS is what hunting is all about! Thanks for the memories Bro!

bowhunter1023

Owner/Operator
Staff member
Appalachia
I may not be that old, but I shot 2117 XX78's with 125 grain Thunderheads from my Bear Whitetail II that even had Kwik-E quiver. Those were the days!!!

bowieoutdoors

*Supporting member*
Great bucks! I just started bow hunting about 6 years ago due to not having the time or money previously but the stories are reminding me of watching my uncles shoot when I was a kid. One of my uncles was a state champion in competitive archery back in the day.