Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

BigSlams 2016 food plots

Bigslam51

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Stark County

Winter rye and clover is coming in nicely at our property. I've broadcasted the winter rye in 3 stages so there's different stages of growth. The one plot I never sprayed but broadcasted right into it and it seems to be doing good.

Bigslam51

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Stark County
Still iffy on the back half of the plot that has the tree tubes. I never spread any fermented horse and cow shit there last year and it shows.

Bigslam51

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Stark County
Give it a month
I honestly don't hunt out there much anymore. I can't take the neighbors bullshit. One has 2 ankle biters that bark none stop, the other plays fetch with his German Shepherd when he sees me out there. It's only 6.5 acres. I do like hunting it during late season though, deer seem to move through more frequently.

Bigslam51

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Stark County

Plot is looking excellent. The pic where the doe is feeding is the first half of the plot, then it narrows down and opens up into what you see in the second pic.

Bigslam51

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Stark County
Thanks Greg. Winter rye and medium red clover. I didn't walk through the plot to see how the clover was doing because I want to keep my scent out as much as possible. This should be a good late fall/winter plot.

Bigslam51

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Stark County
Plot is looking real solid. Nice even stand of growth! Good stuff brother.
Pretty proud of myself on this one lol. I think it's the best looking plot I've ever had! Any buck that comes out of the bedding area will have to walk through the pinch to see what's on the other side.