Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Beds

bowhunter1023

Owner/Operator
Staff member
Appalachia
The wife and I have been shackin' up in the same sleeping quarters for 18 years. We had a hand-me-down bed when we moved into our first apartment, then used $ from our wedding to buy a Sealy Tempurpedic mattress and box springs. After 15 years, it's clearly marked by our sleeping habits and the hump in the middle is really pronounced. We both agree it's time to consider a new bed.

She likes to be warm when she sleeps, I like it cold. She snores, I don't. She likes a soft bed, I like a firm bed. That dichotomy makes a split, adjustable bed make sense. We're willing to pony up the coin to do it right given how important good sleep is and how much of your life you spend in bed. I read every night before bed, so an adjustable bed has always been appealing to me.

Curious if any of you guys have went with the Sleep Number, Nectar, or other high end bed route. Any recommendations and reviews would be appreciated!

Jamie

Ohio
Sleep Number 360 for 8 months now. 100% love it. Heating, cooling, fully adjustable. All fully independent with the split mattress version. Absolutely, positively the best bed we have ever had and we upgraded from a basic model Sleep Number that was 15 years old. Worth every penny, imo.

Sgt Fury

Sgt. Spellchecker
Nothing like getting in to a preheated bed on a cold winters night….
IMG_8131.gif

Isnt it always hot in your bed?😂

jagermeister

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
We’ve been on a Sealy Comforpedic memory foam for about 14 years now. It’s been a great bed. Ours is not split, nor is it on an ergonomic bed frame, but I believe those options are available. I’ve never laid on a sleep number but I can definitely vouch for memory foam.

5Cent

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
North Central Ohio
Hey noob, try the search function:

Hedgelj

Supporting Member
Mohicanish
We've had a sleep number for over 7 years

She sleeps on her back and likes it firm, in a side sleeper and prefer softer

It's been great and through 2 moves