Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Any seasoned veterans willing to share their go-to hunting spots within Caesar Creek, East Fork, or Vinton furnace to the next generation of hunters?

Beandilloni

Cincinnti
Well...I made a few detours. Texas, Alaska, Idaho, Alaska and then to SW Ohio. But after 10 years of looking at mountains, I couldn't move back to the NW Ohio flatlands. So we landed on the edge of the hills.
Man thats a hell of a route, Alaska sounds awesome! Did you hunt boar in texas?

Bigcountry40

My hunch is its a very crowded hunting area but ill just have to find out!
Nothing to do with hunting spot, i was adding salt to the wound about Dustin being asked hunting questions. I’ve never hunted ceaser creek but, If I were you I wouldn’t mess with It and focus on the public land in south east Ohio- Vinson furnace, Wayne national, etc. once first gun season is over public land becomes a lot less crowded and with a little snow on the ground, deer stick out on those steep hills.

Reactions: finelyshedded

Beandilloni

Cincinnti
Nothing to do with hunting spot, i was adding salt to the wound about Dustin being asked hunting questions. I’ve never hunted ceaser creek but, If I were you I wouldn’t mess with It and focus on the public land in south east Ohio- Vinson furnace, Wayne national, etc. once first gun season is over public land becomes a lot less crowded and with a little snow on the ground, deer stick out on those steep hills.
Hahaha i love it. Im starting to see all the connections on here. Ive heard how beautiful vinton furnace is and it definitely caught my attention. Not to mention how big it is.

Reagan

Milford, OH
I’m close to you in Milford. I’m from SE Ohio and when I moved to Cincy I was lost. Gained permission at a few places through networking and hard work. I now do all deer and turkey hunting back home in Gallia Jackson and Vinton counties.

I hunted east fork a couple times my first few years in Cincy. Saw deer while squirrel hunting but never saw one during deer gun. I did see plenty of orange. Fast forward 4-5 years and I moved and met a neighbor. He had several mounts that he killed at east fork. His secret? Bow hunt (Xbox) only, take the entire month of November off and hunt every day.

Curran

Supporting Member
Central Ohio
Part of the adventure (for me) is figuring it all out from afar, then adjusting once your feet touch the ground.

This site is a great resource of information. As are things like online maps, OnX, etc. A long time ago I bought a book called Mapping Trophy Bucks. That was the first resource that helped me start to connect the dots from a mapping perspective.

Tap into the resources, pick some spots on the map, go there and see it in person. You might nail it on your first try or you might not and need to adjust. That’s the fun of hunting. Just pick a starting spot and adjust from there.

I’ve had a few lucky hunts over the years where I picked a spot, packed my bow and stand in, then killed a deer. Good luck to you on your adventure!

Beandilloni

Cincinnti
I’m close to you in Milford. I’m from SE Ohio and when I moved to Cincy I was lost. Gained permission at a few places through networking and hard work. I now do all deer and turkey hunting back home in Gallia Jackson and Vinton counties.

I hunted east fork a couple times my first few years in Cincy. Saw deer while squirrel hunting but never saw one during deer gun. I did see plenty of orange. Fast forward 4-5 years and I moved and met a neighbor. He had several mounts that he killed at east fork. His secret? Bow hunt (Xbox) only, take the entire month of November off and hunt every day.
Thats the dream! Private land and time off!

Beandilloni

Cincinnti
Part of the adventure (for me) is figuring it all out from afar, then adjusting once your feet touch the ground.

This site is a great resource of information. As are things like online maps, OnX, etc. A long time ago I bought a book called Mapping Trophy Bucks. That was the first resource that helped me start to connect the dots from a mapping perspective.

Tap into the resources, pick some spots on the map, go there and see it in person. You might nail it on your first try or you might not and need to adjust. That’s the fun of hunting. Just pick a starting spot and adjust from there.

I’ve had a few lucky hunts over the years where I picked a spot, packed my bow and stand in, then killed a deer. Good luck to you on your adventure!
Mapping trophy bucks sounds like a great starter resource