Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

WTB Any of you TOO'S in medina county?

xbowguy

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Licking Co. Ohio
This explains why a lot of the older trapping books are worded like they are. "But check with your local laws to be sure".

Last edited:

Blan37

SW Ohio
That's so cruel. The state is trying to force me to torture an innocent animal just so they can "help the economy " by having to call a trapper. I realize they are disease spreading vermin, but nothing deserves to die that way. The ODNR is fucked

Since you're doing unlicensed nuisance trapping for free, just be aware that you can only have the animal in your possession for 24 hours. I doubt you'll have it that long (unless you change your mind about torturing it lol). You need to also make sure you check the trap at least once every calendar day.

And no, the ODNR is not fucked, just peoples perceptions of them at times :)

Catch it, take it to your kill site, put it down and then bask in the glory of being a nuisance trapper for a day lol

Here's the law concerning possession times / trap checking regs, etc: http://codes.ohio.gov/oac/1501:31-15-03v1

cerial_vapist

Welcome, BTW.
Thanks for all the welcomes. My name is Matt age 35 and I'm on the North side of Medina county. Die hard deer hunter, bow, gun, muzzy. Also trying to get into yotes as the population here is on the rise. Hiker and hunter of shrooms. Bass fishing! The woods are where I find my God.
Thanks for everyone's opinion. I think I have a plan figured out.

MK111

"Happy Hunting Grounds in the Sky"
Supporting Member
SW Ohio
Thanks for all the welcomes. My name is Matt age 35 and I'm on the North side of Medina county. Die hard deer hunter, bow, gun, muzzy. Also trying to get into yotes as the population here is on the rise. Hiker and hunter of shrooms. Bass fishing! The woods are where I find my God.
Thanks for everyone's opinion. I think I have a plan figured out.

Welcome Matt glad you got the coon problem figured out. When you do it just be quite about it as to not upset the screwed up animal lovers. Any nice deer heads to show us?

cerial_vapist

Welcome Matt glad you got the coon problem figured out. When you do it just be quite about it as to not upset the screwed up animal lovers. Any nice deer heads to show us?

Unfortunately I don't have his head. I have been chasing this guy for 3 years. He's why I started bow hunting. I broke my foot and missed the entire rut this year. He only showed up once in the flesh. 50 yards on the opposite ridge from me. He came in on a doe bleat. Walked out of the field into the woods. Took 3 steps, looked directly at me, snorted, took a shit, and turn to run. I messed up, took the shot at a range I wasn't comfortable with. He hiked and ran. I thought for sure I lunged him. Waited an hour and my dad and I went to collect my trophy! I knew exactly where he stood when I shot, when I got there I found a dry arrow with 2 of the 3 expandables open. Shit. Check the ground where I thought I'd find pink foam, nope. One drop of blood and a dime sized tuft of white hair. I nicked his belly and he's been a ghost ever since. He's still walking though, I know his footprint like I know my palm. You can bet I'll be in my stand opening day '16.

cerial_vapist

Unfortunately I don't have his head. I have been chasing this guy for 3 years. He's why I started bow hunting. I broke my foot and missed the entire rut this year. He only showed up once in the flesh. 50 yards on the opposite ridge from me. He came in on a doe bleat. Walked out of the field into the woods. Took 3 steps, looked directly at me, snorted, took a shit, and turn to run. I messed up, took the shot at a range I wasn't comfortable with. He hiked and ran. I thought for sure I lunged him. Waited an hour and my dad and I went to collect my trophy! I knew exactly where he stood when I shot, when I got there I found a dry arrow with 2 of the 3 expandables open. Shit. Check the ground where I thought I'd find pink foam, nope. One drop of blood and a dime sized tuft of white hair. I nicked his belly and he's been a ghost ever since. He's still walking though, I know his footprint like I know my palm. You can bet I'll be in my stand opening day '16.
uploadfromtaptalk1453658160956.jpguploadfromtaptalk1453658188062.jpguploadfromtaptalk1453658280496.jpguploadfromtaptalk1453658312623.jpg

cerial_vapist

uploadfromtaptalk1453658662925.jpguploadfromtaptalk1453658674612.jpguploadfromtaptalk1453658680779.jpguploadfromtaptalk1453658687090.jpg
In order, she'd from the "Bigfoot Buck" from 2 years ago. My first buck. Dad's first buck (PA), my father in laws last buck. RIP Rob Krisso.

Dannmann801

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Springboro
First off, welcome to TOO.

I'm a little late to this thread party, but I have an elegant solution for your problem of how to easily euthanize and dispose of the problems you find in a live trap:

Simply cover the trap with a tarp, use any kind of flexible (or fixed even, whatever's inexpensive and available to you) duct, and tailpipe his ass.
Carbon Monoxide poisoning is quick and supposedly painless. Take a look at this picture in Photobucket -

http://i801.photobucket.com/albums/yy299/dannmann801/IM000938-1.jpg

It's easier than drowning, it's pretty quick - just drink a beer and by the time you're done, dead critter. Then just dump his ass in the garbage can (after bowing your head and observing the appropriate amount of silence).

There's your no-muss/no-fuss answer that requires ZERO extra miles driven to dispatch the critter. And the body stinks up your buddy's garbage, not yours. Yeah.

Dannmann801

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Springboro
It's effective. Especially good for caught skunks - you can approach the trap with the tarp help up to avoid being sprayed, and just lay the tarp over the trap and it's lights out.

I tried drowning a coon in the pond next door - had a helluva time cleaning the trap afterwards.

Tailpipe 'em - quick, lethal, clean

cerial_vapist

First off, welcome to TOO.

I'm a little late to this thread party, but I have an elegant solution for your problem of how to easily euthanize and dispose of the problems you find in a live trap:

Simply cover the trap with a tarp, use any kind of flexible (or fixed even, whatever's inexpensive and available to you) duct, and tailpipe his ass.
Carbon Monoxide poisoning is quick and supposedly painless. Take a look at this picture in Photobucket -

http://i801.photobucket.com/albums/yy299/dannmann801/IM000938-1.jpg

It's easier than drowning, it's pretty quick - just drink a beer and by the time you're done, dead critter. Then just dump his ass in the garbage can (after bowing your head and observing the appropriate amount of silence).

There's your no-muss/no-fuss answer that requires ZERO extra miles driven to dispatch the critter. And the body stinks up your buddy's garbage, not yours. Yeah.
Interesting that you mentioned this. It is exactly what we decided we will do. Thanks for your input.