Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

American Idol try outs

Riverdude

The Happy Hunting Grounds Beyond
Supporting Member
Ashtabula, Ohio
Hot damn! That's awesome!!! Man, I hope she gets a crack at singing for them.
Hey RD, you look perfectly comfortable in that third pic... you know, the one where you are in front of "Pittsburgh". :smiley_coolpeace:

I've eaten at that Hard Rock a few times. Not the best food, but great atmosphere. It's one of the smaller Hard Rock's I've seen, but when a show is there it is up close and personal!

Cotty, they invited my daughter to come back and sing there or any of them. I am strutin like a proug Rooster, lol.

Beentown

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Sunbury, OH
I told my daughters about this and they are geekied for her. AI is one of my guilty pleasures. We watch it as a family every week. My 5 year old says that she is going to try out...I said if you sing like some of them I won't let ya ;)

Beentown

Hoytmania

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Gods Country
This is TOO COOL!!!! I wish you the best of luck.

I now understand why you never invite Huck to come camp at your house!! He'd be so distracted by your daughter he would forget all his clothes. :smiley_crocodile:

Jackalope

Dignitary Member
Staff member
I told my daughters about this and they are for her. AI is one of my guilty pleasures. We watch it as a family every week. My 5 year old says that she is going to try out...I said if you sing like some of them I won't let ya ;)

Beentown

:smiley_confused_vra Dork

Beentown

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Sunbury, OH
I am past the R/C thing but my Dad has reverted in his old age....

I am ok with being the resident dork. Thats me in the middle:

Beentown

Buckmaster

Portage
I now understand why you never invite Huck to come camp at your house!! He'd be so distracted by your daughter he would forget all his clothes. :smiley_crocodile:

Is that why "Captain Love" is camping out here in NE Ohio for the summer. :smiley_confused_vra

cotty16

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
I am past the R/C thing but my Dad has reverted in his old age....

I am ok with being the resident dork. Thats me in the middle:

Beentown

Beener, I figured you to be on the right. Booger is da man!

If it makes you feel any better, I watch AI as well. Same as you, it's a family thing. In fact, it might be the only show we all sit down and watch together.

Riverdude

Supporting Member
Ashtabula, Ohio
I will post more pictures from today, I am sorry to report she did not make the cut. We have both learned a hell of alot about Idol. We had 16,000 - 18,000 people registered. They only take 200 on the first cut. What is sad and they told us today they will take some of the goof balls that dont even have a chance but they take them in for entertainment and ratings. I understand that but you got say 16,000 on the low side, you take only 200 and probably 10 - 20 are the werido's but what about those 10 - 20 spots for the goff's that could have been for the ones with real talent, kind of sad. My daughter went up maybe around the 1,800 contest and at that point maybe 12 got put though. She was great, strong after wards, I was more bumbed then her, she looked at me and said "Dad there is always next year, dont be so down". Then she said "Hey I will come back next year and in beween I will sing at the Hard Rock Cafe". What a Kid. I am so proud even though it did not work out the way I was praying. She is strong, and I love her.

Curran

Supporting Member
Central Ohio
Cool stuff RD... you're makin' memories that will last a lifetime between you and your daughter. Gotta love her attitude TOO! Congrats to the both of ya!! :smiley_clap:

Riverdude

Supporting Member
Ashtabula, Ohio
Thanks Guys. No the big judges are in October. You have to go through like 3 or 4 try outs before the TV judges. Uploading some photos now. Stay tuned.