Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

21 Muzzy Season Buck

"J"

Git Off My Lawn
Supporting Member
North Carolina
Went and picked him up when I was up too do some stand work and fish Lake Erie. When I first saw the back pack mount some time ago, I really liked the simplicity of it. The appearance of what’d it look like when it was packed out on a rustic frame. Had a mount done a couple years ago, about the same timeframe that @giles did his.
I had it done by a different taxidermist as when muzzy rolled around the one I wanted wasn’t taking anymore deer. Found a guy a little more local and he’d never done one before. Showed him some pictures and he agreed too do mine. Told him too take his time as I wasn’t in a hurry. It was the last one he did too finish up the 21 season. He talked too me a couple times about the layout. And we came up with a little variation of my last one, you’ll notice it.
Its a mount that definitely isn’t for everyone, but I like and it fits my taste. He did have 4 guys who said they want that done on their next buck.I asked if I would get a commission, but the laugh pretty much told me know 😂
This was taken when I was hunting with @Ohiosam and my brother down at the orchard we hunt, doing deer drives.Just like the one had had done a couple years ago. Just a little better buck.
63E101D8-4255-4D93-B35D-11E7A26E4EE7.jpeg
B69C1720-FB6E-46DD-A121-DF8604826DE5.jpeg

Cogz

Cogz
TX
Very nice, congratulations again! Man i love these kind of mounts. I had never seen one until someone kn here posted theirs, maybe @giles. Yours are the only other ones ive seen. I think thats gonna be next on the list for me or my family!

Reactions: "J" and giles

"J"

Git Off My Lawn
Supporting Member
North Carolina
Very nice, congratulations again! Man i love these kind of mounts. I had never seen one until someone kn here posted theirs, maybe @giles. Yours are the only other ones ive seen. I think thats gonna be next on the list for me or my family!
If you have a go too taxidermist, touch base with them and see if they’ll do it. Some will some won’t. A lot of phone calls were made late season too see anyone would, A. Take a deer, B. Do the back pack mount. Couple said they’ve never done it and weren’t ready too try it.