Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

2020 sheds

hickslawns

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
Beautiful pictures Ric. Looks like a great place. I'm not a photographer but I've learned a few things over the years. If you want that group photo to look better next time: Don't do a selfie. Have Ron stand back and take your group photo. I think it will look better if he isn't in the picture. :eek::p:D:ROFLMAO:

Reactions: finelyshedded

finelyshedded

You know what!!!
Supporting Member
SW Ohio
Last photo. Just to nice to not share! I hope everyone else had as great a weekend as we had!👍🏻
2356EE87-88CC-45E1-BB75-B50D254B9AA9.jpeg

Lucky

Sunbury
Awesome pics. Caves look cool. Probly some cool artifacts in there at one time. Looks like a good weekend.

cotty16

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
I posted in the wrong thread the other day...

Found this one the last day of bowseason.

Then yesterday I found the match. This side fell off first around January 9 according to my trail camera.

Unfortunately the squirrels got to it first. I was still stoked to find it and it’s the first match I’ve ever found. This is him below.

Sgt Fury

Sgt. Spellchecker
I posted in the wrong thread the other day...

Found this one the last day of bowseason.

Then yesterday I found the match. This side fell off first around January 9 according to my trail camera.

Unfortunately the squirrels got to it first. I was still stoked to find it and it’s the first match I’ve ever found. This is him below.

Damn...them squirrels don’t mess around!

finelyshedded

You know what!!!
Supporting Member
SW Ohio
That’s awesome Mike! Congratulations on your first set and finds so far! Once a shed has been discovered by these gnawing MF’ers I believe they can disappear pretty quick. I believe some sheds are dropped in less populated squirrel,chipmunk and rodent areas to not get hit for months or years and those that do can be completely decimated in days. Some sheds carry strong musky to foul odors and some don’t have any smell. Whether the smelling drops draw the chewers or not I don’t know but I’d lean towards it would I guess but certainly dogs and yotes can and I’m sure many a shed has been picked up by both in open fields then dropped in much harder to locate spots.

Fletch

Supporting Member
Hope to get out locally later in the week.... Then down the road head out to Illinois.... Going to be interesting out there as there was still a 100 acre corn field standing the second week of Dec on the farm I hunt.. Due to wet conditions the farmer never picked it.. Not sure if it ever got picked, but it was the only one standing for miles making it the local food source... So unless the locals already went through it, it should produce some sheds...