Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

2019-nCoV (Coronavirus)

Mike

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Up Nort
FB_IMG_1586127417591.jpg

Wildlife

Denny
Supporting Member
Ross County, Ohio
IDK who all here is paying any attention to the food industries and what potential concerns experts have, but I thought it was worth researching/checking-in-to as this current crisis plays out.

Hopefully someone here (member/farmer/expert) can shed light on what, if any concerns they might have? :unsure:

Pandemic Injects Volatility into Cattle and Beef Markets

Market Intel
March 31, 2020

https://www.fb.org/market-intel/pandemic-injects-volatility-into-cattle-and-beef-markets

Fletch

Supporting Member
IDK who all here is paying any attention to the food industries and what potential concerns experts have, but I thought it was worth researching/checking-in-to as this current crisis plays out.

Hopefully someone here (member/farmer/expert) can shed light on what, if any concerns they might have? :unsure:

Pandemic Injects Volatility into Cattle and Beef Markets

Market Intel
March 31, 2020

https://www.fb.org/market-intel/pandemic-injects-volatility-into-cattle-and-beef-markets
Denny... That was quick... Thought you were through with this thread... Stick around we appreciate your input... As for the beef/cattle market, I'm sure the are going to feel this big time with restaurant's and schools being closed... What about dairy farmers... Was reading the other day that a large portion of the dairy industry goes to milk at schools... Therefore they have been just dumping alot of milk... Sad but everyone is being affected...

Schu72

Streetsboro
If you're not around anyone but yourself the risk to others and you is zero.
That's the only way i will take my boy. Full tank of gas when we leave, everything we need will go with us. No stops to visit family in the area. No stops for snacks or lunch. When we are done we will drive straight home. No overnights, day trips only.

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

Jackalope

Dignitary Member
Staff member
Denny... That was quick... Thought you were through with this thread... Stick around we appreciate your input... As for the beef/cattle market, I'm sure the are going to feel this big time with restaurant's and schools being closed... What about dairy farmers... Was reading the other day that a large portion of the dairy industry goes to milk at schools... Therefore they have been just dumping alot of milk... Sad but everyone is being affected...

I think the problem is the middle men. Consumers want more meat, vegetables, and milk. The farmers want to get it to us. It's the industry in the middle that's the problem. The guy who picks up the raw milk, pasteurization, bottling, sales, shipping, delivery, consumer point of sales procurement people. There are a lot of steps and pockets from the tit to the shelf. The same for meat farmers, marketz, transport, slaughter and packaging, wholesale procurement, delivery etc. This class tower of corporate bloat is the problem.

Reactions: aholdren

Jackalope

Dignitary Member
Staff member

Yeah. The same will happen here once we lift the stay at home order. Get the numbers down and when you ease up the numbers will start to rise again. This will happen until we either establish herd immunity (70-80% of people have gotten it) or a vaccine is available and distributed to reach the herd immunity numbers. This is going to be a long road of ups and downs. It'll be interesting because we did such a shit job at identifying clusters, proactive testing, contact tracing, and quarantine action the first time. Hopefully a lesson was learned but I doubt it.

Reactions: Cogz

Wildlife

Denny
Supporting Member
Ross County, Ohio

Yeah,,, I'd say that was quick 'TOO', however I guess I have a problem with the current narrative/agenda that's playing out.

I've been doing some researching here and there on basic necessitates for everyday way of life, survival type essentials I guess.

What I'm starting to find out so far are many of the heavy duty commercial farmers growing perishable food type items are having some real issues and did you know that lamb & sheep farmers are dealing with a blue tongue breakout situation? Government officials aren't of much help/assistance in dealing with that situation based on some of the reports I've read.

I thought perhaps someone here could shed some light, even if they produce food for only animals, such has cattle, pigs, etc; etc...

And @Mike ; what do you think of this high megahertz frequency cellphone tracking business? Is it a good tool for the government?

I tell ya, I'm about to chuck mine into the creek!

20200405_211706.jpg

Just curious,,, would any of you say that both of these maps represent the current CoVid -19 virus breakout?

Anyways, you fellas carrying on and I'll leave you all alone for now.

Good night everybody! (y)

Reactions: Fletch

Jackalope

Dignitary Member
Staff member
And here comes the effort to fudge the numbers so they justify all the BS crap spewing from the CDC. Any death ASSOCIATED with COVID shall now be listed as death BY COVID. This garbage has got to stop. Shit like this is why I don't listen to a damn thing to come out of the CDC or any govt entity...esp those concerned with the global warming panic.

https://www.westernjournal.com/cdc-...d-cause-death-even-just-assuming-contributed/

Slippery slipe for sure. Nobody dies from the flu. It's the complications of underlying disease that kill people. Really we have no clue what the actual flu death numbers are. They're guesstimated based on things like pneumonia etc. When you only have one viral disease that is well understood this is kind of acceptable to do. Add in COVID and it's going to get more difficult without testing to make sure you're not adding flu death numbers to Covid numbers. But even if they added every flu death to COVID it would only be around 12-60k annual deaths in the US on average. Interred ting for sure.

Reactions: Tipmoose

Wildlife

Denny
Supporting Member
Ross County, Ohio
Yeah,,, I'd say that was quick 'TOO', however I guess I have a problem with the current narrative/agenda that's playing out.

I've been doing some researching here and there on basic necessitates for everyday way of life, survival type essentials I guess.

What I'm starting to find out so far are many of the heavy duty commercial farmers growing perishable food type items are having some real issues and did you know that lamb & sheep farmers are dealing with a blue tongue breakout situation? Government officials aren't of much help/assistance in dealing with that situation based on some of the reports I've read.

I thought perhaps someone here could shed some light, even if they produce food for only animals, such has cattle, pigs, etc; etc...

And @Mike ; what do you think of this high megahertz frequency cellphone tracking business? Is it a good tool for the government?

I tell ya, I'm about to chuck mine into the creek!

View attachment 99070

Just curious,,, would any of you say that both of these maps represent the current CoVid -19 virus breakout?

Anyways, you fellas carrying on and I'll leave you all alone for now.

Good night everybody! (y)

Like I said, I'm about to chuck mine into the creek!

Check this link out from Pickaway Co.

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=239040140822020&id=111714996887869

And BTW, one map is just 'Spectrum's Wi-Fi high megahertz frequency Internet hot-spots and the other represents CoVid-19 outbreaks.

And that's it until tomorrow, I promise! :LOL:

Cogz

Cogz
TX
Like I said, I'm about to chuck mine into the creek!

Check this link out from Pickaway Co.

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=239040140822020&id=111714996887869

And BTW, one map is just 'Spectrum's Wi-Fi high megahertz frequency Internet hot-spots and the other represents CoVid-19 outbreaks.

And that's it until tomorrow, I promise! :LOL:
Denny, I see this version of tracking as no different than measuring carbon emissions or smog in an area. This isn’t the Ed Snowden shit.

Tipmoose

Supporting Member
Grove City
Denny, I see this version of tracking as no different than measuring carbon emissions or smog in an area. This isn’t the Ed Snowden shit.

Its all a question of what they do with it. Carbon emissions is a BS stat made up to leverage power over the gullible. They will use phone tracking similarly...but with even worse outcomes. Your papers are not in order, comrade.

Reactions: Wildlife