Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

2019-nCoV (Coronavirus)

Boarhead

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
70 east around 9am this morning.

Attachments

• 20200404_135303.jpg
    20200404_135303.jpg
    129 KB · Views: 163

brock ratcliff

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
I’m sitting in the parking lot of our local grocery store. Watching people while Krista picks a few things up. It is my form belief, when this thing spreads rampantly through our community, it will be the lowest denominator of society that moves it around. By that I mean the folks who do not do laundry, wash their hands... or work for a living. I just watched a filthy fat dude pick his beak while walking in. He was followed by a fat chic with two dirty little kids in tow. You know these filthy people will paw everything in the store and haven’t the good sense to keep an acceptable distance from others. Good grief. And btw, this is at the highly over priced grocery store we frequent. The views at the Dollar General are even worse. Good lord there are a lot of idiots
Swear to God a chic just drove through the lot who was also picking her dang nose!

It’s something to walk in to a (liquor) store and get a roll your eyes reaction from one of the employees when they see you wearing a mask and rubber gloves. I don’t give a fuck what they think and neither did the other guy who came in after. Gloves and mask in the garbage, everything wiped down, clothes in the wash, shower, etc. I feel like I did well. The first time or two doing it all makes you realize it’s a process. A process that makes you realize it’s better to just get by as long as you can without going out.

Geezer II

Bountiful Hunting Grounds Beyond.
portage county oh
I’m sitting in the parking lot of our local grocery store. Watching people while Krista picks a few things up. It is my form belief, when this thing spreads rampantly through our community, it will be the lowest denominator of society that moves it around. By that I mean the folks who do not do laundry, wash their hands... or work for a living. I just watched a filthy fat dude pick his beak while walking in. He was followed by a fat chic with two dirty little kids in tow. You know these filthy people will paw everything in the store and haven’t the good sense to keep an acceptable distance from others. Good grief. And btw, this is at the highly over priced grocery store we frequent. The views at the Dollar General are even worse. Good lord there are a lot of idiots
Swear to God a chic just drove through the lot who was also picking her dang nose!
Yeah and ya see a lot of people from all walks of life that can't grasp the concept of social distancing - dumb shits for sure

Tipmoose

Supporting Member
Grove City
Im not wearing gloves and masks to go about my normal business. Just not gonna do it. Those masks don't do anything except make their wearers look silly.

Jackalope

Dignitary Member
Staff member
It’s something to walk in to a (liquor) store and get a roll your eyes reaction from one of the employees when they see you wearing a mask and rubber gloves. I don’t give a fuck what they think and neither did the other guy who came in after. Gloves and mask in the garbage, everything wiped down, clothes in the wash, shower, etc. I feel like I did well. The first time or two doing it all makes you realize it’s a process. A process that makes you realize it’s better to just get by as long as you can without going out.

Fuck em. Good on you for being part of the solution. I had to mask and glove up to go inside two stores today. The first in three weeks. Lowes and Mijer. Lowes was asshole deep, probably the busiest I have ever seen it and I saw 4 other people with a mask. Mijer was better as it wasn't as packed and maybe 1 in 10 had a mask on.

The sad reality is most of them probably don't have masks to wear even if they wanted to. Our unprepared medical industry understandably drained supply, and then some of our consumer-facing stores like Harbor freight was more concerned with getting PR brownie points than servicing their customers and pulled all the stock to donate to hospitals.

Jackalope

Dignitary Member
Staff member
Im not wearing gloves and masks to go about my normal business. Just not gonna do it. Those masks don't do anything except make their wearers look silly.

I'll be sure to call all these hospitals and tell them to stop wasting their time buying all that Personal Protective Equipment. . 😅. The reality is anything is more effective than nothing.

Tipmoose

Supporting Member
Grove City
I'll be sure to call all these hospitals and tell them to stop wasting their time buying all that Personal Protective Equipment. . 😅. The reality is anything is more effective than nothing.

Cmon Joe...the statement "anything is better than nothing' is pithy, cliche and patently inaccurate. There are plenty of things we could wear that are worse than nothing. Take a garbage bag for instance. Or an N95 mask that has been used, and reused for a week or two and has developed a mold problem. If anything these masks and gloves give their wearers a false sense of security which leads to more risk taking. My mask and gloves will protect me so its okay for me to go to that cook out. We will just have to agree to disagree on this.

brock ratcliff

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Yeah and ya see a lot of people from all walks of life that can't grasp the concept of social distancing - dumb shits for sure
I’ll agree. Having said that, I’ve implemented cautionary steps here at the shop and I can look out into the parking lot and dang near tell by first appearance who will follow the steps and who will completely disregard them. Some people have no respect for others space or welfare. It may be only a coincidence, but the vast majority of them also have no regard for personal hygiene. They are the reason I installed plexiglass around the cash register Anyone could sneeze or cough but them dirty bastards will lean towards you to do it. 😁

Blan37

SW Ohio
Had to run some errands today, lots of people wearing masks & gloves, saw a few bandannas as well. I don't have masks, so I just did the best I could to distance and keep my hands clean. If I had a mask I'd have worn it. I don't care what people think. I'm not trying to win a beauty contest, I'm trying to lessen my risks of contracting something that can kill me. I have type A blood and heart disease, two strikes right there. People will start singing different tunes when their loved ones or they themselves end up in the hospital or die, like my cousin's 51 y/o healthy wife and, as of yesterday, my coworkers uncle.